News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart 2 can't edit certain products

Started by TrigWebDesignUSA, October 04, 2012, 20:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrigWebDesignUSA

In my VM2 test store, I have certain products that I can't seem to edit, but others I can. When I make my changes in the back end to a product and save, it loads the VM control panel page and the item is unchanged.

After much testing and tearing out my hair, thing only thing I can think of is that someone may have added this product to Cart, and somehow that is stopping me from editing the product. I made sure I had nothing in my cart, but there are few site testers I can't reach. Is it possible and if so, how do I clear the Saved Carts or whatever to edit these products again. If I'm way off track here, can someone point me in a direction??

VM 2.0.10 (and I upgraded to 2.0.12 with no change) Joomla 2.5.6 (upgraded to 2.5.7 with no change)

Edit - These products were imported and have a .jpeg image & thumb file that won't display. They are the only .jpeg(s) in the system as far as I can tell. Could this be doing something to the VM save function? I can't delete the images either.

TrigWebDesignUSA

I found the issue in another forum post, https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102002.0
Turns out VM2 has issues with images and PHP 5.3, which I enabled on my server to accommodate Akeeba Backup. I set the PHP version back to 5.2 and magically, all my issues disappeared! Guys, PHP 5.2 is on it's way out, please make sure VM is 5.3 compatible!

bytelord

Hello,

I can ensure you that PHP 5.3.x is the best php version for joomla 2.5 and VM2.x.
May be any PHP configuration issue was there, e.g. timeouts or upload size.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!