Started by vagu71, October 03, 2012, 20:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagu71

Hi all,

Below are the details of the installation:
Joomla Version running on site: Joomla! 2.5.6
Shopping Cart: Virtuemart
Shopping Cart version running: 2.0.8e
Vendor Details: The cart has just one vendor which has email id set same as the email of the admin user and rights set to superuser.
Payment Gateway Used: 2checkout (https://www.2checkout.com/shopping-cart/virtuemart/)
Checkout Settings: No login/registration required to checkout.

Problem Faced:
1. The vm system sends an automated email to the customer when an order is placed. This email does not get sent in our installation.

2. The vm system sends an automated email to the vendor when an order is placed. This email does not get sent in our installation.

3. The only email that is being sent when a new order is placed is from the payment gateway with the  below details:
Sender email: no-reply@2co.com
Sent to: customer (the email id that the customer adds while checking out)
This is ok, however if possible, we would want the vm system to be sending out its emails as well.

Any help by the gurus or anyone who faced a similar problem and solved it would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Varun

jjk

Well, first you should update to Joomla 2.5.7 and VM 2.0.10 or 2.0.11e. Without knowing your email setup the only thing I could suggest is to change email settings from php mailer to SMTP in Joomla configuration (if you didn't try this already).
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

vagu71

Hi JJK,

Thanks for your reply.

1. change email settings from php mailer to SMTP in Joomla configuration (if you didn't try this already).
Reply:
Feel that this may not solve the issue because the emails are being sent correctly from the system in other scenarios. We know this because vm successfully sends email when the admin changes the order status. So, the SMTP settings work out fine.

2. first you should update to Joomla 2.5.7 and VM 2.0.10 or 2.0.11e.
Reply:
Just to check it up, we installed a Joomla 2.5.7 and VM 2.0.11e on a new server. However, the  same issue was coming there as well, ie:
>The vm system sends an automated email to the customer when an order is placed. This email does not get sent in our installation.
>The vm system sends an automated email to the vendor when an order is placed. This email does not get sent in our installation.
>The vm system sending out successful emails on change of order status by admin

jjk

At the moment I have no other idea what could be wrong with your system. All VM2 emails are working fine for me.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

bytelord

Hi,

Could you check if you have the option under shopper admin/storeadmin configuration to receice system mail?
Also do you use any custom payment plugin that may be not send's mails to vendors? Payment plugins can override that mail function. If yes, try with the standard payment and shipment for testing it.
What you have select in the backend configuration->checkout Default Order Status to send an invoice ? Confirmed?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

vagu71

Hi JJK, bytelord,

Thanks for replying.

Could you check if you have the option under shopper admin/storeadmin configuration to receice system mail?
Reply: Yes, that option is checked to yes.

What you have select in the backend configuration->checkout Default Order Status to send an invoice ? Confirmed?
Reply: Yeah, receive invoice on confirmed.

Also do you use any custom payment plugin that may be not send's mails to vendors? Payment plugins can override that mail function. If yes, try with the standard payment and shipment for testing it.
Reply: Spot On!!!! We are using 2checkout's default plugin provided by the 2checkout company. This seems to be the problem I guess. We tried Paypal just to test, and it's sending out emails fine. We mailed 2checkout support to advise a solution for the problem. In  the meantime, we are checking up with other non company  plugins for 2checkout. Will get back on if they solve the problem, and also what the guys at 2checkout have to say.

In the meantime, in case anyone has any possible solutions or comments, please let us know.

V

bytelord

ok then,

It's those plugins issue, if you familiar with PHP and study a little bit the existing payment plugins could probably find the solution, because those plugins will also use the same vmpayment plugin functions, so you could correct that part that did not send the mails.

you could check if that function is been used: sendEmailToVendorAndAdmins

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

vagu71

Hi,

The issue of notification mails not sent to buyer and vendor on a purchase has been fixed. It was a bug in the 2checkout plugin for virtuemart (the one provided by the company, not third party ones). It has been fixed by 2co support and uploaded for download.

We came across another bug with the 2co installation on vm. Virtuemart has the option of taking 2 addresses - Shipping and Billing.
If the user decides to add both addresses, the shipping address is passed to the 2co page instead of the billing address. We are trying to work this out. In the  meantime, any comments on this by the gurus would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
V

alatak

Hello,

QuoteIf the user decides to add both addresses, the shipping address is passed to the 2co page instead of the billing address.
The billing address is in $order['details']['BT']
The shipping adress is in $order['details']['ST']

Flasher

Hello. I'm having this same issue but with the VM Paypal Gateway.

I have already done all the things you guys mentioned here but no luck so far.  :(

ereallstaff

I have firstly encountered same problem when customer choose to pay with paypal

now I practically don't receive any email.

I have checked:

Administrator receive email --> yes

Send email with PHP MAIL function ( I have tried also with sendmail but same result )

Order to receive on confirmed and pending ( so maybe this should solve also paypal issue )

I have tried asking a question about a product, but no result both on customer email and administrator, nothing arrived.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ì
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

Maxim Pishnyak

QuoteIn VM Configuration/Shop try turning on/off "Use the vendor email address" and make sure that you have correct entries for "Default Order Status to send email to vendor " in Configuration/Checkout
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

jbirkebaek

Hi all,

:) After hours of searching I found the error.

It appears that the table virtuemart_payment_plg_epay (or equivalent) is the datatype "tinyint" wich ranges from 0-255. Change it to "INT" and it works again.

Tadaaa...!

F10-Media.dk

lpsouto

vagu71

Ok, it seems that this problem has still not been solved in the latest version of VM.

We are now using VM 2.0.24a.

New Order mails (both vendor and shopper) seem to work fine (which has us assuming that the mail settings on the server are correct).

However, the order status change mails don't work at all. We have the correct settings in Configuration->Checkout->Default Order Status to send email to shopper: Confirmed by shopper, Confirmed, Shipped, Cancelled, Refunded.

We're using paypal sandbox to check it up currently. Will be using Sagepay on deployment.

Anyone faced this problem with the order status email change before?

V