News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM 2.0.6 Order Email notification problem

Started by randomdev, October 03, 2012, 04:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomdev

I cant upgrade virtuemart as previous developers have modified core files.

For some reason customers are not being emailed when their order is made/confirmed? Can anyone tell me how to fix this? (I am using the virtuemart paypal plugin)
Attached is a screenshot from the backend showing the order has been confirmed but for some reason no email is sent to the administrator or the customer? (If possible I would also like to send emails for pending orders)

I can confirm that email is working as if I modify the order in the backend with notify customer ticked I get the emails on both customer and admin emails.

Any ideas where I should look to fix this?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

Hi,

I am not sure about version 2.0.6 because is old and many fixes has been applied to the core from then (as some new features).
The option you are searching for is under Configuration -> Checkout -> Default Order Status to send an invoice, select when you want to send the invoice/mail (confirmed on your example).
I am not sure in 2.0.6 let you choose for than one states of the order. Also that option can be overridden by the payment methods you have configure, so take a look also in your payments configuration pane.

btw, you should ask the previous developer for the changes that made to the core, if this is impossible then you could download vm 2.0.6 and compare the core files with the existing you have to see the changes that have been made (not the templates, the core files).

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

randomdev

Unfortunately the configuration option you mention is not available in this version :/

I couldnt see anything in the payment methods for email notification either.

It seems strange that it wouldnt send an email by default even in version 2.0.6 which makes me think it might be a problem with the paypal plugin

bytelord

Hi,
It could be, because is override it. You could download the current paypal plugin and check for changes ...
If you create a standard payment plugin, just for testing, it is working?

Regards

randomdev

With standard payment it does send an email.

I thought about using latest plugin but I figured it wouldnt work properly with 2.0.6 version of virtuemart?

bytelord

Hello,

it will work. But first backup (using akebaa is a good option).

randomdev

Wouldnt the new plugin need the settings for email notifications that are missing from 2.0.6?

bytelord

didn't miss any mail configuration ... this happen on the plugin core, send's the mail.

randomdev

What is the best way to install the plugin? Just download the vm 2.0.10 aio and copy the paypal folder over the old one?

randomdev

I believe the latest plugin is installed, up the top it states the following:

PAYPAL
     Warning - In VM2, the vendor and buyer will ONLY receive an email when the transaction is complete. ?

Does the same problem occur in 2.0.10?

randomdev

With the new plugin I get the following in the log file:
2012-10-03 07:31:44

But when I check the order in back end all I see is:
Date Added    Shopper Notified?    Status    Comment
Wednesday, 03 October 2012 15:31    No   Pending

So it doesnt email customer and now it is not confirming payment also ?

jenkinhill

It needs to work with the updated code in VM2.0.10 where you can select the payment status for invoicing. I think there are further improvements in the upcoming VM2.0.12

Also see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96541.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

randomdev

Unforunately I cant update, is there any easy hack just to get an email notification sent once paypal confirms payment?

randomdev

I made a little bit of progress:

In the paypal plugin folder editing paypal.ini
I changed this: return $this->processConfirmedOrderPaymentResponse(2, $cart, $order, $html, $dbValues['payment_name'], $new_status);
to this: return $this->processConfirmedOrderPaymentResponse(1, $cart, $order, $html, $dbValues['payment_name'], $new_status);

I now get a email on confirmed order.. the problem is the order also gets a blank status update which sends out an email with no order status (on this email instead of a subject there is COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_, however on the confirmed email it shows the correct order information in the subject)

In the backend it displays the history like this:
Date Added                                 Shopper Notified?    Status    Comment
Thursday, 04 October 2012 10:05    No                         Pending   
Thursday, 04 October 2012 10:05    Yes      
Thursday, 04 October 2012 10:06    Yes                        Confirmed   Your payment for order f85a055 has been confirmed by Paypal

Does anyone know how I can stop the blank status update?

randomdev

If anyone has the same problem, I sumhow fixed it by reinstalling 2.0.6 aio