News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[ SOLVED ] Virtuemart Caching

Started by weeyas, October 01, 2012, 08:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeyas

Dear Developers of Virtuemart,

i'm wondering if i could exclude Virtuemart from caching, because if caching is enabled, my virtuemart goes crazy. (Search caches, so the first product searched shows until cache expires, shopping cart does strange things)

So is it possible to Enable global caching, and make Virtuemart not to cache at all?

Thanks,

Greetings,
Weeyas

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

weeyas

Well, i already tried JoTCache, but nothing happened when i tried to exclude com_virtuemart from caching.

bytelord

works for me. Have you done it correctly? did you read that i have post on the previous thread i post you? : http://jotcomponents.net/web-programming/jotcache/jotcache-help/126-jotcache-ver-3-0-help?showall=&start=3

weeyas

yes, i tried to check the Virtuemart checkbox, nothing happend. And i also want to exclude the virtuemart search module from caching, and thats not a component, can't write it to view field.

bytelord

Hi,

But is in it's options how to exclude them. Please read the program instructions first and if you have any issues with thirdparty software you could always ask them.
You are able to exclude components, modules but as long as the user is non logged.

Regards

amlil71

Hello all, is someone find a solution to solve Virtuemart 2 cache problems ?

bytelord

Hello,

Virtuemart 2 does not have cache issues and also uses it's own cache technics to improve site performance and data utilization, this is related on the fact you want to exclude the vm2 pages from caching so your vm2 updated dynamically on user options and changes. As you read on the above posts you could use JotCache, did you give a try?
Keep in mind when a user login on the system the cache Technics are disabled.

Regards

amlil71

Hello,

thank you for your answer and sorry for my bad english. I installed Jotcach but i have issues with virtuemart component. I have to exclude com_virtumart and  from jotcach  but i want to improve virtuemart cach. I have a problem with VirtueMart Shopping Cart module which doesn't  have cach options. So i can't exclude it from cach. Thank you.

Regards

bytelord

Hello,

You have to exclude the cart module also. Please look o jotcache web site and you will find information how to exclude modules from caching.
Exclude pages and modules from caching: http://www.jotcomponents.net/web-programming/jotcache/jotcache-help/126-jotcache-ver-3-0-help?showall=&start=3

amlil71

Thank you, i tried  to exclude it but the exclusion did'nt work for me. Maybe because i don't write the good text. What  do you write in jotcach option  ( http://www.kanich.net/radio/site/images/stories/jotcache/jotcache-exclude-url.png) in order to exclude VirtueMart Shopping Cart module please?  If i have the right syntax i will solve my problem. Thank's a lot, i try to find a solution since one month. Regards.

bytelord

You could exclude the whole component be adding com_virtuemart. To exclude a module you have to add the following code:
<td>
   <!-- jot user2 s style="xhtml" --><jdoc:include type="modules" name=user2" style="xhtml" /><!-- jot user2 e -->
</td>

Please read the instructions more carefully and you could always ask on jotcache forum for any questions you have with the component.

Regards

amlil71

Thank you, it seems to be complicate with virtuemart 2. I will ask jotcache forum if they have a solution. Thank you :)

bytelord

Is a little bit complicate yes, if you find a solution you could post here to help other users also.

amlil71

Hello,

i have a an anwser from jotcach component creator :

"As you got on VM forum JotCache is working with VM2. Also on my
test server is working with following settings.
URI exclude :
page=shop.cart,page=checkout.index,page=shop.product_details,pop=1

Additionaly on template is necessary to exclude CART with jot tags."

Finally, i put "cart" in com_virtuemart and exclude "user6" position ( cart module position of my template)   and it's solve my problems.

Than'ks. Regards.