News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

2.0.24 to 2.0.26a error makes VM disappear from menu

Started by illing, December 28, 2013, 01:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illing

I am not sure why this happens.  I have updateded Joomla without any issues and this is my environment.    I attach 4 screen captures that show the issue in detail.   Thank you.

PHP Built On    Linux dns.ibackintime.com 2.6.18-371.3.1.el5xen #1 SMP Thu Dec 5 13:32:01 EST 2013 x86_64
Database Version    5.5.33-cll-lve
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.4.23
Web Server    Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
WebServer to PHP Interface    apache2handler
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.16 Stable [ Ember ] 06-November-2013 22:30 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0

[attachment cleanup by admin]

mikekiy

Mike Kiy
Yes, we do websites Ltd
The Barn
43 Oakdene Road
REDHILL
RH1 6BT
UK

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

illing

SOLVED. Thank you for all the hints. I now have 2.0.26a, but I would like to share my findings:
a) I managed to install VM 2.0.24 but I had first ti change all file permissions to 777
b) If I try the 2.0.26a update before I  reset all permissions to 775, the update works.
c) I am on Centos 5.10 under plesk 10.5 which even though I have added apache to the psalcn group, for some reason the joomla folders are unwritable.  On an older Plesk 9.5 instead everything worked with the psacln group.  I had to chgrp -R apache * and then everything is OK.
d) I do not have Xmap
So , although I do not have a perfect diagnosis of the problem, it is certainly related to permissions.   Permissions have been an ongoing issue since Joomla1.0. on Linux.
I hope it helps. 

Milbo

Thanks for your feedback, but

Quote from: illing on December 28, 2013, 18:05:13 PM
So , although I do not have a perfect diagnosis of the problem, it is certainly related to permissions.   Permissions have been an ongoing issue since Joomla1.0. on Linux. 

This is not right. It is to 100% your permission configuration. Be aware you have permissions by apache and permissions by the file system. You also should know that you can install php for apache in different modes (as mod_php or was fast-cgi).
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member