News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

The answer to your VM2 Custom Field problems is coming! Beta testers wanted.

Started by PolishedGeek, September 25, 2012, 08:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolishedGeek

Are you fed up with struggling to understand VM2 custom fields, and searching high and low on the forums for answers?

Do you need advanced functionality you just can't do with VM2 custom fields, like interdependent field options, table lookups, pricing based on interdependent field responses, and more?

Do you want to be able to update your fields and attribute pricing in one central location for multiple products in your catalog, without hacking VM?

In the next few weeks, we will release a brand new Breezing Forms Custom Fields plugin that gives you the power to use a single VM2 custom field to embed an entire Crosstec Breezing Form right into your VM2 product details pages.  (see the attachment for a sample of how this can look)

Use all the power of Breezing Forms to create ANY type of fields you want, capture as much data as you want, and have it seamlessly update the product and pricing in the VM2 cart and orders.  (Please note that while pricing can be modified based on customer responses in the form, stockable variants cannot be handled with this extension).

We're looking for a small group of dedicated beta testers to sign up so when we have completed the project and are ready for field testing with additional clients, we'll have several folks who are ready to jump right in. Please contact me to get on the list if this sounds like something you need!

Write to us at   info [at] PolishedGeek.com    for more details, or to sign up.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

yaani

Polished Geek,

I am struggling with the custom fields on a Joomla site here http://www.texasprokartchallenge.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=1&Itemid=748

I am having a hard time just aligning the custom field text entry boxes!

I would love to test your plugin!

PolishedGeek

Hi, yaani - I see that you are wanting to collect several different pieces of information as part of a purchase, and some of the choices affect the price. That's a perfect use case for our new extension! Please open a ticket here so we can exchange details about the beta testing: https://polishedgeek.com/clients/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=3

Thanks ~ Deb
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

PolishedGeek

We still have room for a couple more beta testers for our new Breezing Forms Custom Fields extension. Be sure to sign up soon with the link above if interested in participating.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

crisware

Hello there!

I really like that VM2 takes care about custom fields and I would like to help on developing and testing beta versions!

What I need in my shop and I cannot find it in VM-2 custom fields is multiselect-type custom fields. It is very useful e.g. for Pizza shop to have checkbox attributes for pizza "materials".

I have modified customfields.php file and I added checkbox custom fields functionality but I cannot make it work properly as it does not calculate price difference from all checkboxes but only from the last selected... So the final price summary is wrong...

I look forward to your answer!

Thank you