News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

bug? 100% discount no longer works

Started by cbrace, September 16, 2012, 09:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrace

Hi all,

When I set up a simple online payment system in VM 1.1.7 [corrected], I had a configured a 100% discount code.

When you entered this code, your total price was then €0,00. If you clicked on PAY NOW, the transaction was processed by VM (order confirmation was sent) and successfully terminated.

Under VM v2.0.10, this no longer works. The total is €0,00 but you are still taken to the payment processor (the iDEAL facility of Dutch banks), which gives an error message that the sum is too small.

Any idea what is now going wrong here?

Thanks

PS: if you are wondering why we use a 100% discount, it is because we organize event registrations using VM. Some people are elible to attend these events for free, but we would still like them to register for the event via our VM setup.

Milbo

Man

I wondered really minutes what you are talking about, until I noticed you wrote vm1.7,.. I read that as j1.7, because vm1.7 never existed, do you actually mean vm1.1.7?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

cbrace

Sorry, my bad. Yes, I meant of course  VM v1.1.7

Milbo

I would just create another payment method for the amount = 0;
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

cbrace

Quote from: Milbo on September 17, 2012, 11:35:45 AM
I would just create another payment method for the amount = 0;
Thanks very much. I've made a new payment method, visible to only a specific shopper group, using VM Standard, and that indeed bypasses the payment processor. However, I haven't figured out how to set the amount for this method to zero. I see a field for minimum amount, maximum amount, tax etc. Where exactly would I set the amount to zero?

TIA

cbrace

Hi, still wondering how to set the amount to zero.

Thanks