News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Orders ACL Not Working For Administrators - 2.0.24c

Started by woood77, November 30, 2013, 21:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woood77

Hello,

We are having trouble with Administrators seeing the Order list in Virtuemart 2.0.24c.  The Administrators can see products, categories, etc but not orders.

I have everything set in the ACL of Virtuemart to Allowed for Administrators but it still doesn't work.

The orders show for all Super Admins but we can't make the users Super Admins for security reasons.

Thanks for your help!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

woood77

I tried it both ways.  As a Vendor and also not as one.  Unfortunately it isn't working either way.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT:
I just noticed when editing the configuration there is a message stating:  The user with virtuemart_user_id = 1184 is set as vendor, but has no referencing vendorId.

This is the user that I assigned as a second vendor. 

Thanks again

wogand

I have the same problem. Enabling multi vendor and selecting user as vendor does not really do anything either.

Milbo

That means you should login as this user and fillout the vendor tab... store => Then he gets a vendorId and then the rest should work.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

woood77

Milbo,

I did as you suggested and filled out the Vendor tab for that user, which did resolve the vendorId issue.  However, the orders still do not show when the user is set as an Administrator.

Thank you for your help!

jenkinhill

Now try allocating some products that have been ordered to that vendor/administrator. The vendor should then see the orders of "their own" products.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

woood77

Jenkinhill,

I did as you suggested and added some products to the new vendor that is set as an Administrator.  However, when logging in as this Vendor I still don't see any orders at all.

Thanks for your help.

P.S.

If I could make a suggestion, in the future it'd be great if Administrators could see orders without having to go through this Vendor setup process and instead by assigning permissions in the ACL.

jenkinhill

The issue that I see is that in a multi-vendor store each vendor should only see their own orders and not those of other vendors. I thought that was the way it was set up a few versions ago, but have not had cause to test this as in my only multi-vendor store they are all set as superadmins. Maybe Milbo has something to add.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Milbo

Hello wood77

There is a mix with the old permission system and the new one. Go in the user tab of your desired vendor as superadmin and give him admin permissions. The ACL system is not completly done yet, more roughly implemented.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

woood77

Hi Milbo,

I've logged in as a Super Admin and am trying to find the User Tab you are referring to.  I see the user permissions are set to storeadmin in the Shoppers Properties but I am unable to change it to admin.

I'd appreciate any clarification you can provide.

Thank you again

trec-r

Did anyone get this to work? I am having the same problem.

Rune Rasmussen

The ACL system in VM seems to be totally lame, we need admins with less access rights for one vendor - not several vendors...

I'm quite sure the majority of the stores running VM and other OS carts are having one vendor/seller only, but they do have more than one "employees" handling orders etc. They can't all be vendors or system/super admins to be able to handle the orders??

From what I can see you now has to make a new admin group under 'System Admin', and then having to add restrictions, instead of starting with less access and add what's needed. This because 'System Admin' is the lowest access level in Joomla witch is making the user 'storeadmin' in VM...
Rune Rasmussen - https://www.syntaxerror.no/

Norwegian Translation Team