News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Items with custom fields impossible to remove

Started by ragazzoso79, September 19, 2012, 09:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragazzoso79

Hi there,  I'm currently run my ecommerce on www.luce-pulsata.net with Virtuemart and K2mart. My problem is the follow: If I try to delete a single item from the shopping cart no problem, but if this item have an attribute as custom field is impossible remove it from cart. For exemple if you try to add this item, it will be impossible to remove http://www.luce-pulsata.net/apparecchi-vendita/radiofrequenza-casa/tripollar-pose - but this one can be removed without any problem http://www.luce-pulsata.net/apparecchi-vendita/epilatori-luce-pulsata/epilatore-sensepil-silkn-beurer

I can see that the url of the delete button in the cart have the ID of the Items to delete, basically when the url have multiple ID (as Item + custom fields), it doesn't work.. Example

Example 1 working OK!
1) https://www.luce-pulsata.net/component/virtuemart/view/cart/task/delete/cart_virtuemart_product_id/31

Example 2 Not working!
2) https://www.luce-pulsata.net/component/virtuemart/view/cart/task/delete/cart_virtuemart_product_id/31--64-38;

My VM Version is  2.0.8e, I tryed to update at 2.10, but this didn't fix the issue.

Any solution...  ???
Thanks

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ragazzoso79

I tried to disable all the external extensions as K2, K2mart, and One page checkout ... so there is only VM now but I still get this issue.. I can remove the Item from cart just If I update the quantity to zero,  if I try to use the delete button I display the Joomla message "Product successfully removed" but actually the Item is still there

herek

Facing same problems here.

Products with no custom field, I can remove normally. If there is any custom field, I cannot remove the product.

Any news on that?

Sandro

furtherdg

Many Thanks --- Alex

furtherdg

Ok ... this is officially a bug. I thought it was possibly just an issue due to template overrides in my custom tremplate but I just tested it with beez5 template and sure enough if you add an item to the cart that has a custom field you can not delete it but if you add an item without a custom field delete works just fine.

You can however update the quantity to zero on an item in the cart that has a custom field and it will remove it fro the cart but you can't use the delete button. You can test it here: http://70.84.137.56/~geecheeo/home/index.php/component/virtuemart/view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/29/virtuemart_category_id/6 The template may look a little strange because it is not designed for beez5 but the buttons work fine to test so you can see what I mean.

Here is a link to a product that does not have a custom field and you can see when you add it to the cart it is able to be removed with the delete button: http://70.84.137.56/~geecheeo/home/index.php/component/virtuemart/view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/38/virtuemart_category_id/12

I am using Joomla! 2.5.7 Stable and virtuemart 2.0.12f
Many Thanks --- Alex

furtherdg

It does not seem like this post is getting in front of any moderators and I need to move forward with the launch of a site I am working on. Does anyone have a suggestion of another good shopping cart solution that I can use for my client until this bug is worked out? I love virtuemart but can't really use it without custom variants working and I can't figure out how to fix this issue. I also want to save myself the trouble of trying a bunch of new extensions so if anyone has found something that works well with custom variants please let me know. I will definitely be back using virtuemart when this is fixed and wish I was able to help fix it but have hit a wall.
Many Thanks --- Alex

andyyoung101

Hi all,

I am currently having exactly the same problem, I am setting up a small shop and have no other plugins etc running and it also seems that any item with a custom field will not delete from the cart. I also can update with 0 to remove.

I had the idea that it may be a joomla cache issue and have tried it with all cache turned off but with no effect.

Please help moderators! :( 

peetee

Hello, I am facing similar problem ... to one of my products I have added a related one and now I cant get rid of it ...I have even deleted it from Virtuemart but there is still empty thumbnail which I cant delete. I will have to delete both products ... so be carefull. I have tried to delete it with mozilla, chrome, ie I have tried to move the delete icon to the top if the thumbnail ... I cant deleteit .....

dimadav

I also ask for help! not deleted or updated item in your basket with additional fields

Robert_ITMan

Same problem here. I think I solved it... my problem is because of SEF. The .../delete link was already saved by my Artio SEF (I had deleted the same item before) so it wouldn't delete again because the saved SEF URL wasn't right... when I went and removed the saved SEF URLS the delete button worked fine.

In our frustration over how bad the custom fields are in VM2 we might be blaming this problem on that too --- anyone else solve it with SEF?

P.S. I find that if I logout then back in my cart empties - in my VM 1 sites they all keep the cart after logout and it was always there when I logged back in... another reason I'm thinking VM2 is not ready yet.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

jenkinhill

Quote from: Robert_ITMan on February 24, 2013, 06:34:18 AM
P.S. I find that if I logout then back in my cart empties - in my VM 1 sites they all keep the cart after logout and it was always there when I logged back in... another reason I'm thinking VM2 is not ready yet.

That is the way that VM2 is designed to work, and I believe is important for stock control. If you want a save cart feature then there is a plugin to do just that.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Robert_ITMan

I brought this issue to the attention to Artio support and they are working to include SEF for the custom fields into their VirtueMart extension. They also provided a work around I have tested that solves this issue for me:
You can overcome this problem by setting the "Custom non-SEF variables" field to "cart_virtuemart_product_id" on the Common tab of VirtueMart extension's parameters (from JoomSEF's Manage Extensions page). Then delete the wrong SEF URLs from JoomSEF's URLs Manager so they can be recreated with new settings.

jenkinhill - thanks for the tip and link to Netbase Virtuemart Save Cart Plugin.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

fabiogil2

Hi Guys,

SOLVED

Realy its a SEF problem.
Joomla 2.5.x + VM 2.x

I solved it doing:

Joomla Global Configs:
SEF: on
Rewhrite: on (on my case joomla is in a self folder like domain/site, i include the rewritebase to joomla folder.)
sufix: off

VM Configuration
CEO tab
SEO Disabled: unchecked

And works fine.
Thanks for the other responses, it helps me to find a solution on SEF way.

Good Lucky

rzrz

hi SEF settings above works, but using the above settings the register link will not be working.
If Virtuemart SEO is unchecked, the register link is working fine.

Anybody faced the same issue?