News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to change Cart Layout?

Started by Loges2798, September 18, 2012, 04:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loges2798

Hi all,

I'm almost at the end of my config of the site and really want to change the look of the Cart.

I've deleted the SKU line but everything is all over the place now. I want the price on the right with everything else fitting in between.

The cart is here, http://testing.landersmusic.com/home/cart  and if you need to populate the cart, the only products are here http://testing.landersmusic.com/products2/guitars/acoustic-guitars/maton-guitars-for-sale

So what I need to know is where do I go to find the css for the cart?

I have looked in many places and I am in no way a programmer. I have limited CSS knowledge also.

I used Firebug to look at the sections but it reveals about six different css locations on this page.

Thanks in advance.

Marcus.

bytelord

Hello,

First you will need to find the cart PHP files inside your template, location your_joomla_site\templates\your_template\html\com_virtuemart\cart. These PHP you can make changes to the columns and lines of your displayed products (file: default_pricelist.php). If the file is not located there you can copied from the default vm theme files are located under components\com_virtuemart\views\cart\tmpl to your folder and make the overrides you need.

All VM css are located in the same file, but if you use a custom template maybe there are overrides or your are also looking inside joomla or other modules css files. You should point exactly where you need to make the changes.

imho, you should change the size of columns th width size inside default_pricelist.php and use css to make some changes also. Don't forget that your joomla template css files keeps the table css properties.
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Loges2798

Thanks Bytelord.

Unfortunately I don't have the experience to sort out what from what when it comes to this.

I'm using Artisteer as a template, K2 for layout and K2mart as a bridge between K2 and Virtuemart.

Therefore I have stuff going on everywhere and I think I'll just pay someone to fix it for me.

I've fiddled with default_pricelist.php which has made some changes but I still have issues with the layout.

I've been able to fix layouts in other parts of K2 etc but this cart has me beat.

I'm a designer, not a programmer and this stuff is beginning to really annoy.

Cheers.