News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Can VM Accomplish This?

Started by aaroninbna, September 17, 2012, 14:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaroninbna

My client composes musicals and has different categories that make my job somewhat difficult. Inside each category is a sub-category with a list of musicals. Example:

Broadway-Style Musicals>Seasonal Musicals>Christmas Musicals> (Then a list of musicals with products for each musical that is for sale)

Would the Primary Category (in this case "Broadway-Style Musicals") be the manufacturer?
The "Christmas Musicals" be the product category?

If so, creating from gets difficult from here.

Can VM allow a "Recommends Other Products" style recommendation or a "If you like this product" where the customers can view other related products

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all in advanced,
Aaron

ivus

Hi aaroninbna,

Would the Primary Category (in this case "Broadway-Style Musicals") be the manufacturer?
The "Christmas Musicals" be the product category?

For what reason? VM allows unlimited levels of nested categories. You can basically make it as deep as you want. You don't necessarily need to use Manufacturer if there isn't a need for it.

In each product edit screen, under the CUSTOM FIELDS TAB you can define as many related products as you want.

See attached images for more details.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

aaroninbna

Thank you so much for the very quick reply. I was hoping for this and was pleasantly happy with it's ability AND the tutorial you made for me.

Thank you again,
Aaron

aaroninbna

When I linked related products everything looked good, but after saving the items nothing visually reflected my changes. I did notice a "No Relation Found" on the Product Information page of the product (Orchestration).

ivus

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you doing a loop into itself?

HUGH  ->  3 childs (Orch,DVD,Preview) so these 3 are already sub products of HUGH and will be displayed in the frontend as child products... and you're trying to link related products to itself (well it's own child products)...

I'm pretty sure the system doesn't work that way. I think related products link to parent products (until someone corrects me)

aaroninbna

I want the visitor to click on the musical and not have the cart option, but have the individual products listed on the bottom.

midnas

Hi,

Look for Catproduct and see if it meets your needs.

Regards

aaroninbna

Quote from: midnas on October 16, 2012, 14:52:27 PM
Hi,

Look for Catproduct and see if it meets your needs.

Regards

I think this is exactly what I am in need of. Thank you!