stockable variants: anyone can help me how to manage child product visualization

Started by unkus_nob, September 17, 2012, 11:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unkus_nob

Hello everyone, I am writing because I have trouble figuring out how to make transactions with virtuemat 2.
I need to handle different colors for a given product, so I created a custom field type with attibute: Plugin stockable variants e  attribute cart: yes and then I listed the possible attributes.
with this method, using custom fields to a parent product, you can create child products which have different variants.
What I did not understand it is:
1) why I select is shown in the preview and not in the detail product?;
2) why the image does not change when I click a different option ?(in the child product that attribute ex: black I wish you could see the picture I uploaded to the child product that is the image of the black product).

Is there any way to get this?
Right now I only have the select box with the choice of colors available, but only in the preview ... I wish you could see only the parent product and by selecting an option in the select statement that was shown the child product

I hope someone will help me, since there is still a manual vm2 in Italian is a caos!
thanks

stefania

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

unkus_nob

very kind, but I had already seen, it is precisely for this reason that I wrote in the forum, because the list of options I can not shown in detail product! :-\

unkus_nob

in summary:
1) create a product "X" without specifying particular parameters
2) I create "Y" sons of product "X"
3) create an attribute named "COLOR" (exactly as explained in the guide)
4) I go to the parent product "X" and specific attributes for the relative sons.
Now.....in the visualization of the parent product there is nothing!!!!

Anyone have 2 minutes for help me?