News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

custom fields: how to show customer price including tax

Started by TheBlueMage, September 17, 2012, 07:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlueMage

Our problem sounds simple enough. How to show customer custom field pricing that includes tax. Showing the before tax figure could be construed as misleading and creates confusion. Any price added to 'custom field' in BE is shown in FE exactly same. The product price is then increased by price from 'custom field' +tax!
All we want to do is show the customer how much the price is actually going to increase/decrease by (ie show customer 'custom field price' + tax).

Please can someone tell us how to accomplish this? I've searched the boards but can't seem to find an answer to this problem.
Site specs:
Joomla 2.5.7
VM 2.0.10
10% tax

Any help is appreciated
Regards Ray

p.barg

Yes, I need this too. The prices as shown at the moment are very misleading for the customers...

nils_inv

Had the same problem and made a core hack, not the best solution but works:

administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php
Line 864

Use this code, changing * 1.19 for your own tax value.

if ((float)$productCustom->custom_price) {
                  //ORIGINAL: $price = strip_tags ($currency->priceDisplay ($calculator->calculateCustomPriceWithTax ($productCustom->custom_price)));
                  $price = strip_tags ($currency->priceDisplay ($calculator->calculateCustomPriceWithTax ($productCustom->custom_price * 1.19)));
               }
--------------------------------------
http://www.inventivo.de

pixelatumente

Hello,
I tried everything and it does not work. even replace the file with the version 2.0.8

I think the solution is between 966-969 lines... ???
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php

if ((float)$customPrice) {
         $price = strip_tags ($currency->priceDisplay ($calculator->calculateCustomPriceWithTax ($customPrice)));
         if ($customPrice >0) {
            $price ="+".$price;

Daniel Sjöstrand

It's not pretty, but it works. I had the same problem And this solvedit. Would lika a better solution though.

C-Box

Hi,

I'm using latest version 2.0.20b and wonder why the custom fields doesn't show the price including VAT.

My product has just one VAT defined (+19% german tax rate) and the original price is shown correctly (e.g. net value = 100,-€ so 119,-€ is shown in frontend shop --> so far no problem).
But the custom fields (with cart attribute) in the dropdown shows just the net value and not the gross value?!?!??!

The calculated new total value of the product is correct - but it's quite confusing when +10€ results actually in +11,90€ extra charge!?!??!

Is this still a bug or could this adjusted somewhere in the deep vm2 settings!??!

regards from rainy Germany
C-Box

C-Box

Hi again,

I managed it with this post: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98140.msg378003#msg378003
I hat to check the "Show VariantPrices with tax" in the store configuration as well! But this alone doesn't work...

So I needed to manipulate the customfields.php in current version 2.0.20b -- not nice as this will be overridden with the next update.

Perhaps this could be solved with the next release as it seems to be a bug!?!??
regards from Germany
C-Box

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member