News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Selling physical products PLUS access to online content

Started by monkeybutt, September 13, 2012, 22:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeybutt

I have been using Joomla and Virtuemart for years.

I now have a client who is looking to sell access to online content in addition to physical goods. Does anyone know if there is any way to do this with VM or any way to integrate a subscription solution with VM, combining these two disparate types of products into one shopping experience?

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

valbiojun

Quote from: Milbo on September 14, 2012, 17:39:04 PM
http://extensions.virtuemart.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/shipment-for-virtual-products-detail

you can sell both in the same cart, yes. Use correct weight for your products and you get even correct shipment

Hi Milbo, I will use your knowledge, if possible, on this extension made ​​to sell products online.

The need for a client of mine is selling videos to be viewed through streaming for a PRO account of VIMEO.

My question before recommending the purchase of this extension is:
  - Through this extension we can send a link (or more than one if buy more than one video) to the client, off course after due payment confirmation with the address of the page that customers can use to access your purchased content? , the person will not download, will enter the page and properly logged into the site to watch videos using VIMEO PRO function that limits the viewing of videos from a specific domain.

Thanks for the help and sorry for my poor english.

Junior

jenkinhill

I don't think VirtueMart would work well for what you are describing (if I understand correctly) without substantial core hacking.

Using VirtueMart the link given to the buyer is to download a file from the store. Not to gain access to another part of the site. The file the buyer purchases could contain a link to a page on the site where they can log in to view the video, but that url would be the same for anyone buying that same product, with nothing to stop them passing that url onto others.

I think you really need a component that controls access to the site content, rather than a separate product. For this I use Community Builder with the the CBsubs plugin, but there are other options, such as Guru or Payplans
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

valbiojun

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 08, 2012, 10:49:46 AM
I don't think VirtueMart would work well for what you are describing (if I understand correctly) without substantial core hacking.

Using VirtueMart the link given to the buyer is to download a file from the store. Not to gain access to another part of the site. The file the buyer purchases could contain a link to a page on the site where they can log in to view the video, but that url would be the same for anyone buying that same product, with nothing to stop them passing that url onto others.

I think you really need a component that controls access to the site content, rather than a separate product. For this I use Community Builder with the the CBsubs plugin, but there are other options, such as Guru or Payplans

Hi Kelvyn, thank you for your feedback.

We already have a component that controls the level of access each user every page of the site.

These videos will be within these pages through an embed and through the component will control this access. As VIMEO PRO controls the display only starting from our site, it is vital that the person to log on the website.

Our problem is to send to the buyer (after due payment confirmation) an email with a link (or more than one if buy more than one video) from this page (or these pages), duly adjusted to the component control will give him after his log into the site to access video. Even if the same link is sent to all buyers of different videos. This access control will have to do it manually, because I sure did not find anything to control it automatically.

As there are other products on site that require physical shipment later, like books, we need both types of transmission.

Thanks

Junior