Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Internet Explorer Issues

Started by CreativeDesigns, September 13, 2012, 16:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreativeDesigns

Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me..
My client is using Internet Explorer to update her products on VM.
The problem is that IE won't upload/save any of her images when she tries uploading (no matter what size she tries).
Unfortunately she works for Microsoft and is not allowed to download other browsers to her machine..

Is there a workaround? Is there something else she can do?
Is anyone else having this issue?

ivus

Have you checked for script errors?

CreativeDesigns

Unfortunately I use apple mac, and don't have IE on my machine, so I wouldn't be able to.. I wouldn't know how to do that either :)
Any suggestions? :)

ivus

Get your client to it. She works for Microsoft, I'm sure there's a tech there who can find all the errors for you.

CreativeDesigns

lol.. she is going to tell me that I am putting the website together for her and I need to sort it out. She's hardcore like that :)
Is there anything I can do from my side? Have you heard of other people having this sort of issue before?

ivus

do you know what version IE she's using?

you should tell her to buy a mac ;D

CreativeDesigns

lol.. you should see how offended she got when I told her she is using a sh*t browser and she should get something better! hahahaha
She says she thinks she is using IE10

ivus

That might be the issue right there.

What version Joomla/VM are you using?

My IE9 refuses to play nicely with my J!1.5 install.

If they built better browsers, we wouldn't have these issues???

CreativeDesigns

I agree! ARGH!
Using Joomla 2.5.6 and VM 2.0.8c..

jenkinhill

2.0.8c was buggy, so maybe go to 2.0.10 or maybe 2.0.11 (new forum member test version).

IE10 is with Win8 release and the browser is not on final release yet AFAIK - you cannot be expected to develop for beta browsers.......    ;)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

CreativeDesigns

Thanks Jenkin. I'll wait for the system to tell me that there is an update ready to 2.0.10 or 11 and do an automatic update :)
You know how clients can be.. We need to know EVERYTHING.. lol :)

I appreciate your response!