News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Adding a Virtuemart >> Account Maintenance menu item stops checkout from working

Started by kg, March 03, 2012, 15:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kg

After adding a menu item for Virtuemart Account Maintenance, the checkout process is changed.

1) When the menu item is published:
* Add an item to cart
* go to cart
* click on "Add/Edit billing address information "
I get the message "Please login first" and the login form.

2) When the menu item is unpublished:
* Add an item to cart
* go to cart
I get the user registration form for adding the user info

This is tested on a clean J2.5.1 - VM 2.0.2 install on a server using php 5.3.10. The menu item is added with access level "Registered".
Tested with sample data and without sample data.
Tested with different settings in VM checkout configuration but non of them seems to make any difference.

Anyone who knows how to still have the correct behaviour (going to the registration form) also when the menu item is published?

Milbo

Hmm, I have a account maintance view layout item published. I need to see that (for example per skype).
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lipes

My account Maintenance with this link gives me problems too
/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=editaddress

When i hit save it go stays in the same url index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=editaddress
and show this msg:
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in D:\Ampps\www\mp5\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\user.php on line 493
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

mesquiteman

Was there ever a fix figured out for this?  I am finding the exact same results running VM 2.0.10.  Any help would be appreciated.

Milbo

Which bug do you mean, the one of lipes?

Please look here http://extensions.virtuemart.net/my-account and explain me the bug. I dont see the problem, sorry.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lipes

Hi Milbo, Good night!
My msg is old (April 20, 2012)..

I think that this question is solved with 2.0.10 (last update).. i'll have to test this again to see/check.
now i'am only trying to search/solve (few VM2 problems) like:
- the User Registration link by the VM2 user registration page ( /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user ) (not by joomla registration page).. because I'am recieving many spam users in my fathers website :S
(I've got the EasyCalcCheck PLUS but i cant find a way to apply that extension in VM2 Registration page)
- Joomla / VM SEO/SEF links ... -> the google analytics rejection rate in my fathers website was from VM1 (+-1%) to VM2 (+-59%) screen shot here: http://imageshack.us/f/145/rejectiontax.jpg/
- Administration Product filtering and Category filtering .. the search filter it's not working so well to find product names or category names...
- and anothers problems with low priority level like (discovery a way to display in website the shipping rate of that product in the product page, etc..)

But in Global VM2 absolutely kick ass :)
Congrats to all vm team
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

Milbo

Lipes, I meant mesquiteman

I dont understand why your rejection rate is so high, but maybe you have a lot more visitors then before due the SEO of vm2. Cause the SEO is a lot better, instead of 6 months in vm1, it takes with vm2 only 2 weeks to be listed very high.
the product and order filtering is enhanced in vm2.0.11

mesquiteman

Milbo,

I am referring to this problem below.  I am having the same issue.  Running latest stable VM with latest stable Joomla!

Quote from: kg on March 03, 2012, 15:38:56 PM
After adding a menu item for Virtuemart Account Maintenance, the checkout process is changed.

1) When the menu item is published:
* Add an item to cart
* go to cart
I get the message "Please login first" and the login form.

2) When the menu item is unpublished:
* Add an item to cart
* go to cart
I get the user registration form for adding the user info

This is tested on a clean J2.5.1 - VM 2.0.2 install on a server using php 5.3.10. The menu item is added with access level "Registered".
Tested with sample data and without sample data.
Tested with different settings in VM checkout configuration but non of them seems to make any difference.

Anyone who knows how to still have the correct behaviour (going to the registration form) also when the menu item is published?

bytelord

Hello,

Probably you have the menu only for registered users. If you want hide the menu from anonymous users do the follow structure on your menu:

User Options [Registered]
       -> Account maintenance [Public Access]
       -> Add an address [Public Access]
etc, etc

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!