News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM (2.0.10) Pagination fight with Joomla! (2.5.6) SEF (99% solved)

Started by mimmob32, September 08, 2012, 02:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mimmob32

Dear developer team
i go around for some treads and forum to understand why pagination doesn't work for my side. After some test was clear to me that if Joomla! core Sef mode is activate VM2 pagination stop working.

you can check my live installation here : http://www.smoke4you.it/aromi/liquidi-pronti/aromi-per-produttore/flavourart.html
3 pages are availables but evenif page name change showed result is always the some !! Swithing off Joomla core Sef VM Pagination work again

Joomla 2.5.6 + VM 2.0.10

Hoping somebody has a solution for this  ;D

thank you in advance guys
mimmo

jjk

First you should get Firebug to locate your problems. See here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102850.0
It will also help you to find the settings, which affect the layout of your pagination, if you hover your mouse pointer over it with Firebug enabled.

The problem apparently is caused  by some of your template/extension features loading several different versions of jQuery. You have some javascript conflicts on your website. If I disable your slideshows in the top middle and right of your pages, the pagination works (see attached image).

One of the errors I saw:
Exposing chrome JS objects to content without __exposedProps__ is insecure and deprecated. See https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XPConnect_wrappers for more information.
http://www.smoke4you.it//modules/mod_sot_vm_slideshow/assets/jquery-1.4.4.min.js

You can try if it helps to disable "Using the VirtueMart jQuery" in VM2 'Configuration' - 'Templates' tab.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

John2400

Hi just like to add that -

I had the same issue along with a few in 2.0.9 and - we did find that if your Seo were set differently in Joomla and VM then pagination would not work-

After setting then correctly so they did not clash - everything returned to normal- Then in categories make sure the numbers circled are set to 0 as a start - you can set them larger as some used this to solve the problem initially - but try the solution first.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

mimmob32

Hi guys
thank you for your feedback .. i take your suggestion and i make some test.

NO SEF (- boths -all work with modules)

with SEF (both - start trouble)

I fix category ... any change
so i start remouving one by all the think that call additional version of jQuery (menu, slideshow) until all work so ..

Finaly was jQuery Conflict.
I test different new Article SlideShow modules until i find a new one that don't create conflit, is not beutifull but run and read VM product page directly :)

Last open issue at the end of my test ... Even if i double number of product show in a page .. (from 9 to 18) i see alway 9 !! this was wokaround i try to use to bypass paginations issue first time.

Any suggestion  :-\  ?

thank you mimmo

jjk

Quote from: mimmob32 on September 09, 2012, 01:39:10 AM
Last open issue at the end of my test ... Even if i double number of product show in a page ..
Where exactly did you double the number of products...?

Normally the pagination for a category is controlled by th "Category Form Limit ..." settings in your Category configuration view. The pagination dropdown list in the frontend (and backend) is controlled by "Set the pagination sequence for the List Box" in VM2 Configuration - Templates view.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

franzpeter

I think the problems IMHO can be reduced to nearly zero, if some template developers would try to use the the query library, delivered by default instead of adding useless gimmicks and therefore load different jquery libraries from server disk, google api a.s.o.. I was able to reduce the page load time and did change a result (with YSLOW) from D 68 to sometimes C 76 by just switching off some javascript gimmicks from the template. So I would adress that message to some template developers: Best way to develop a template is just to think about what it is used for. Customers do not wait, seeing just a waiting wheel (also a jquery gimmick) until the page slowly appears. They just click stop and search for another shop.
The easiest way to see how fast Joomla and Virtuemart can be, by default, is choosing the standard template. the standard joomla demo page hat a score C (78) and if expires headers would be used I am pretty shure that it would be between 84 and 86.

Milbo

Thank you franzpeter,

Tell us the technic of expired headers :-)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mimmob32

Quote from: jjk on September 10, 2012, 09:33:12 AM
Quote from: mimmob32 on September 09, 2012, 01:39:10 AM
Last open issue at the end of my test ... Even if i double number of product show in a page ..
Where exactly did you double the number of products...?

Normally the pagination for a category is controlled by th "Category Form Limit ..." settings in your Category configuration view. The pagination dropdown list in the frontend (and backend) is controlled by "Set the pagination sequence for the List Box" in VM2 Configuration - Templates view.

Hi jjk
i was speaking about the number of product show in each frontshop page. I try to set in fromshop tab the parameter "max number of product show in frontshop" to 18 (current setting) but on the page appear always only 9 product.

I discover too that the same limit (9) seem to set to number of product (pages) show in my sitemap from Xmap virtuemart plug-in (so google receive only 9 product for each categary !!)

I think there is a correlation in some way between this.

Mimmo

mimmob32

Quote from: Milbo on September 10, 2012, 20:12:48 PM
Thank you franzpeter,

Tell us the technic of expired headers :-)

Hi Milbo,
from my information is a parameter that can be set at server level .. but may can be possible to force it in the headers via software !! if yes, this is very interesting to be made directy at Joomla! core level for all installation !

mimmo

mimmob32

Quote from: franzpeter on September 10, 2012, 10:41:47 AM
I think the problems IMHO can be reduced to nearly zero, if some template developers would try to use the the query library, delivered by default instead of adding useless gimmicks and therefore load different jquery libraries from server disk, google api a.s.o.. I was able to reduce the page load time and did change a result (with YSLOW) from D 68 to sometimes C 76 by just switching off some javascript gimmicks from the template. So I would adress that message to some template developers: Best way to develop a template is just to think about what it is used for. Customers do not wait, seeing just a waiting wheel (also a jquery gimmick) until the page slowly appears. They just click stop and search for another shop.
The easiest way to see how fast Joomla and Virtuemart can be, by default, is choosing the standard template. the standard joomla demo page hat a score C (78) and if expires headers would be used I am pretty shure that it would be between 84 and 86.

HI franzpeter,
i agree with you .. using standard must be the solution even if all Template developers create their library creating issue like the one i find. I'm sure other persons has some trouble, i googling a lot befoure opening this topic. And i have to say thank to all of you to help me understand where was the real trouble inside.

Maybe an elegant solution is to provide to all community a beatiful slideshow for product in the virtualmart core installation !! I'm sure is the most searched and pay module of the community :)

mimmob32

Any idee to close the topics ?

I see new post about this issue.

MOderator may be merge all together can help other user to solve trouble starting from information i receive as support

Mimmo :)

franzpeter

Hello Milbo,

you can set this in the joomla htaccess. I use:
<FilesMatch "\.(ico|pdf|flv|jpg|jpeg|png|gif|js|css|swf)$">
Header set Expires "Wed, 15 Apr 2020 20:00:00 GMT"
Header set Cache-Control "public"
</FilesMatch>
#
#
FileETag none

It is necessary, that the apache modules 'expires' and 'headers' are available and active. I get good speed results by using google pagespeed module. I just cannot recommend nginx (if using Parallels Plesk). There is a bug, which may produce strange urls like my domain.com:7080 instead of my domain.com. That is a Parallels problem and has nothing to do with Joomla or Virtuemart.