Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Upgrades and a big mess

Started by drizzt99, November 25, 2012, 16:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drizzt99

Hi,
I've started using VM2 for a shop.
It worked nice, but now I see there are about 10 upgrades in the past few months.
How can I tell which version my current VM installation is?
I have several problems after upgrading - do I need to upgrade to the last version directly? Or do I need to upgrade to each version by the order they were published?
And what are the "layout changes" files? Are they an installation file as well?
Thanks  :)

bytelord

Hello,

You can upgrade to the latest stable available version, v2.0.14. The layout changes are images that shows the changes inside the default template files so you will be able to update also your custom template / overrides.
When you will update your template files you will have to do it from the version you upgrade to each version has layout_changes.zip changes. An other way is to compare the default vm2 template files from your version with the files with the latest version and find easy the changes that have take place to all versions.

Also please take a look over here regarding template changes:
http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_content&id=416

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

jenkinhill

Quote from: drizzt99 on November 25, 2012, 16:27:06 PM
How can I tell which version my current VM installation is?

In Joomla 2.5 open the extension manager & go to the manage tab. Lookup the VirtueMart component and you will see the number of the version that is loaded.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum