News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problem installing VM 2.0.10 on Joomla 2.5.6 site

Started by yourlocalsheriff, September 04, 2012, 09:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yourlocalsheriff

I am trying to install VM 2.0.10 on my Joomla 2.5.6. site. I am following the install instructions, but when I try to install the aio zip file it comes back with the error, shown in the attached screenshot.
The main component has installed successfully.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,

John :'(

[attachment cleanup by admin]

John2400

FTP the aio file to your public area on the server and install from there using an the URL link

yourlocalsheriff

I tried as you suggested, but it didn't work !
I uploaded the aio file to my public_html directory, and then entered the URL details where you suggested.
It returned the error screen attached "unable to open archive".
NOTE:  The error screen shows the URL details have been moved to the "Install from directory" panel, even though I entered the info in the "Install from URL" panel.
HELP ! ! !
John  >:(

John2400

the install from the one below that with the files needs this link          http://www.yoursite.com/the file

not from there -

If it does not install from there your php is too small 5.?   or your memory is too low to expand file. And that needs to be changed on the server - maybe it is set a two meg, but could be expanded to larger default.

Try these first - you now need to let us know your server details, php,5.? server, memory upload level,