News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Paypal API - Need Credit Card Payment w/o redirecting to Paypal

Started by tgaotu, September 04, 2012, 00:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgaotu

I have searched over these forums for three days and there are so many problems with the Paypal part of virtuemart that the number of open windows are overwhelming.  IF someone could please help me out I would be VERY GRATEFUL!!!

I am using VM 1.1.9 on Joomla 1.5.22

My client wants to be able to have the option to pay either thru paypal OR (which is more important to them) have the ability to pay directly with a credit card WITHOUT being redirected to the paypal website.

They have a PayPal Payments Pro and a virtual terminal account on paypal.   <-----Which of these do I select to work properly with virtuemart

NEXT

i am using paypal api. i have 2 options with this for payment.
1. paypal - where it directs me to paypal to pay for product
2. credit option using paypal api - where i put all credit card information in and it processed it using paypal api in the background

if i use the credit card option and enter all credit card info...it works!

however, if i click the paypal option and click next it gives me the "error: credit card number not found" as if i entered a bad credit card

AND if i do this

Open the file get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php in [JOOMLA_HOME]/components/com_virtuemart\themes\default\templates\checkout

Look for this code:

<input type="hidden" id="paypalExpress_ecm" name="payment_method_ppex" value="" />

and change for this

<input type="hidden" id="paypalExpress_ecm" name="payment_method_ppex" value="2" />

then paypal option works fine BUT now when i enter my credit card info and click next instead of taking me to the confirm page for the credit card it directs me to paypal instead as if i click the paypal radio button option.

I need both options to work properly....

please help me fix asap. the site is live and this is driving me nuts!!   THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP THAT WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!