Main Menu

[ SOLVED ] Price per Unit (KG)

Started by Tamakom, September 03, 2012, 20:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamakom

Friends of Virtuemart 2.0.10
Good afternoon

Why is this way to show the Price per Unit in the browswer?. Is added (KG):. -

Even searched for "Language Manager: Edit Override" and no results. The (KG) seems to be added from elsewhere administrator.

This is shown well in the browswer, when displaying the product price.

Price per Unit (KG):
Sales price: $194.00
Sales price without tax: $194.00

Thank advance

jjk

Looks to me like you changed the following key/string in the file ...\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini (approximately line 70) from
COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE="Price: "
to
COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE="Price per Unit (KG):"
or made an override for this line.

Also check if you have enabled "Standarized price" in VM2 'Configuration' - 'Pricing' tab.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Tamakom

Quote from: jjk on September 03, 2012, 23:00:41 PM
Looks to me like you changed the following key/string in the file ...\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini (approximately line 70) from
COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE="Price: "
to
COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE="Price per Unit (KG):"
or made an override for this line.

Also check if you have enabled "Standarized price" in VM2 'Configuration' - 'Pricing' tab.
jjk
Thank you for your help.
I guess you did not understand my question.
I want to remove the (KG) that appears in the first line of the price

Price per Unit (KG):
Price per Unit:

Regards

jjk

If you didn't change the line in the frontend language file I mentioned above yourself - you could have exchanged "Price" with "Price per Unit (KG)" in line 70 and you also didn't customize the file \components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\default_showprices.php, then maybe in your price configuration it is generated by line 317 in the frontend language file en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini, which reads:
Line 317: COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_UNITPRICE="Price / %s: "
In this case the %s would generate the kg (However, it would show kg instead of (kg), so I'm pretty shure you changed something yourself)

BTW - you can also change the (default) kg to pounds in the VM2 configuration when using price per unit.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Tamakom

Quote from: jjk on September 04, 2012, 09:01:12 AM
If you didn't change the line in the frontend language file I mentioned above yourself - you could have exchanged "Price" with "Price per Unit (KG)" in line 70 and you also didn't customize the file \components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\default_showprices.php, then maybe in your price configuration it is generated by line 317 in the frontend language file en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini, which reads:
Line 317: COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_UNITPRICE="Price / %s: "
In this case the %s would generate the kg (However, it would show kg instead of (kg), so I'm pretty shure you changed something yourself)

BTW - you can also change the (default) kg to pounds in the VM2 configuration when using price per unit.

jjk
Good morning
SOLVED...!

Thank you

[attachment cleanup by admin]

dardar

thanks tamakom for the image of the solution...my mind shuts down when developers start talking lines in code...ugh...picture makes all the difference.  I've applied and it works like one would expect.  thanks again~

lindapowers

Hello

Im using version 2.0.16 and joomla 2.58, I can't find where to set the parameter to show prices per kg.

Flasher

I'm running VM 2.0.18a and i don't see that option that you have on the screenshot Tamakom

PT Lyon

Same here!

They changed it!

How can we display price per unit?

tommyworld

Same here, I am using 2.0.20b and they don't have such option under price configuration.  How can we change it?

lindapowers

The problem here is that price per kg can't include the shipping costs as that is calculated at checkout per destiny so I don't really see how the system could show that correctly.

If you base price is 10 € and your shipping costs 20 € that makes 30 €, but price per unit will be calculated from 10 which makes no sense.

Tamakom

lindapowers

????

Sorry don't understand what you mean. We already have a shipping plugin but price won't be calculated together with those shipping costs.
-------------
Disculpa no entiendo lo que me quieres decir. El precio por kg no se calcula sobre el precio base + porte si no sobre el precio base del producto.

Regards

lindapowers

Max just told us how to show this.

Just go to product dimensions tab for each of your products. Work with the 3 fields to understand the logic and pls tell me how the calculations work there ;D

Tamakom

Lindapower
Ciertamente no se suma el peso neto + embalaje para un total de peso bruto. Veo que toma el embalaje. y si tu pones 25 en embalaje te reporta ese peso como total?... supongo que sí.
Hacer el código de suma, lamentablemente no lo sé hacer, pero mientras, utiliza el embalaje como peso total. Digo... o no?