Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

A small annoying bug

Started by guimplenchik, September 02, 2012, 13:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guimplenchik

Hello devs,

There is a small bug. I see double slashes in the VM's assets links, like:

<script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets//js/jquery.noConflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets//js/vmsite.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets//js/facebox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets//js/vmprices.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

This bug also applies when you set up your custom assets folder in config, like:

<script src="/templates/TEMPLATEFOLDER/vm_assets//js/jquery.noConflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/TEMPLATEFOLDER/vm_assets//js/vmsite.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/TEMPLATEFOLDER/vm_assets//js/facebox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/TEMPLATEFOLDER/vm_assets//js/vmprices.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Please fix that. It doesn't breach the functionality, but kind of crappy... :)
VM 2.0.10.

guimplenchik

Seems like I found where this bug comes from. There are several lines need to be checked by developers in administrator/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php:
Line 1011:
$uri = JPATH_THEMES .'/'. $template.'/'.$ext ;
$path= 'templates/'. $template .'/'.$ext ;

need to be replaced by:
$uri = JPATH_THEMES .'/'. $template.$ext ;
$path= 'templates/'. $template.$ext ;

Now VM creates links for assets correctly. Devs, could you please explain the logic of the code I modified?
Is it possible to include this fix into the next release update?

Milbo

I am sorry, this is already fixed in the svn. Someone (maybe you) pointed me on that some weeks ago, short after 2.0.10 was released
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member