News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[ SOLVED ] Assigned VirtueMart components to menus

Started by imageinaction, August 29, 2012, 21:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imageinaction

I have one of the two following 'info' messages on every page of my website:

• Info: Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item
    Info: CO
M_VIRTUEMART_ASSIGN_VM_TO_MENU

This occurred after I deleted a menu that had previously been assigned to Virtumart. I deleted the menu from the waste bin as well but the message will not go away.

I'm using virtuemart.2.0.10 - maximenuck_6.0.14_j25 - Joomla 2.5.6[/font]

[attachment cleanup by admin]

ivus

Hi imageinaction,

Not sure where the confusion here is.

Info: Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item
-- what you should do is assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item

It'll use this menu item to generate the SEF URL.

imageinaction

Thanks for a very speedy reply. My problem is that I wanted to 'de-assign' this particular menu item, I had applied an alternative assignment to this menu when these errors appeared. I then deleted the offending menu and created a new one but the error is still there???

Any advise you can offer will be great! :-[

ivus

Like the instruction says... assign it to a menu. It has to be done in order to get rid of the message. What part of this is confusing?

If you don't want the menu to show, create a new Menu called HIDDEN, and then create an item in that. LEAVE IT ALONE... don't assign it to any pages or modules.

imageinaction

oodya

Hi,

I checked the suggestion and created a menu called 'HIDDEN', but now my urls are now showing as the following:

www.website.com/hidden/categoryname/productdetail

Does anyone know how to remove the 'hidden' section from the url?

Many thanks

jenkinhill

Nooooooo...   Standard Joomla technique. Create a new menu - like main or user - and call it hidden,  create a module for that menu and assign it to a non-existent user position on your Joomla template. Then add your menu item/link to that hidden menu. It is published in the sytem but not visible.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

oodya

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but I think I'm getting confused somewhere.

At the moment I have created a 'HIDDEN' menu.  Now when I click on 'Menus' - 'Menu Manager' I can see:

'Main Menu', 'Footer Menu', 'Mobile Menu', 'User Menu' and 'Hidden'.

After creating 'Hidden', I went to 'Extensions' - 'Module Manager'.

Here I created a new module called 'HIDDEN' - the position is 'banner1', the type is 'Menu' and the status is 'Published'.

I then went to 'Menus' selected the 'HIDDEN' menu and clicked on 'Add New Menu Item'.  I assigned a Virtuemart -> Category Layout to this.

But unfortunately, as the position that this menu is assigned to is not used, the menu does not appear.

I feel that I am doing something wrong - can someone please help?

Many thanks

jenkinhill

This thread was about hiding an assigned  menu item - but you seem to want to actually show a menu item? That's what can happen when you hijack a thread about something else.

The only menu item you usually need for VirtueMart should be a main menu link to the VirtueMart front page, maybe called something like "Shop".
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum