News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom Field stockable variant - Help

Started by AlessandroZ, August 29, 2012, 11:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlessandroZ

Hi, I'm new in Virtuemart, I'm using 2.0.8e version and I need help in custom field management.I want to realize custom combo size and color for a product and I know that I can use custom Field stockable variant . Ok I know how do this thing in administration and I can see the two combo in frontend. The problem is on stock control: I have child products for all variants that I have created in custom fields section. I make an order for all childs (all child out of stock)but the parent remains and a client can order it( I don't want this thing), and in the custom field position  remains only the label of custom Field stockable variant. When all childs are out of stock I want the parent disappear from the shop.

Thanks for any help

AlessandroZ

I would to like to have a relationship between parent and childs quantity for products: parent quantity = sum of childs quantity, and when a child is ordered the parent quantity decrease . Does someone could give me and indication, php pages and/or table where to start for realize the modify by myself?

Thanks a lot

AlessandroZ

With 2.0.10 I have solved my problem but without show stock level, it's a limitation but for now it's ok

jmrapa

Hi Alessandro,

With Version 2.0.10, did you get the stock levels of the child products to work? if yes can you please explain to me how did you do it please? i followed a guide and i can't get the stock levels to work on the child products. it always remains the same stock level after every purchase.