News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Warning, the Safe Path is empty, for .. reasons it is very important .. /vmfiles

Started by Newb2vm, August 29, 2012, 04:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newb2vm

php warning keeps showing up at top of VM window;

QuoteWarning, the Safe Path is empty, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensitive data secure. Our suggested path is for your system D:\wamp\mysites\vmfiles, use this link to the config

funny thing is, I created the folder vmfiles as well as another folder inside it called invoices.
and it still keeps popping up.. Grr.

yet this part about ~use this link to the config .. baffles me.. am I supposed to enter this path into the 'config' some-place?

Grabs Nunchucks!.
:-\

The greatest learning curve , is to be willing to learn..
~myself.

ivus

Hi Newb2vm,

Yes. That's exactly what it's instructing you to do.

> VIRTUEMART > Configuration > Templates Tab > Media Files Settings Block

add your path in the "Safe Path" field.

Then click SAVE. Presto the warning message is gone.

I hope this helps.

Newb2vm

thank you very much for your speedy reply.

I have successfully added the path into the correct area as instructed..

Excellent , another small feat in getting this thing to work smoothly.

for anyone else wondering about wamp & safe path the '/' need to be '\' as in d:\wamp\www\{folder_name}\

I read elsewhere that in a live-site scenario we are to name this folder 'something different and unpredictable' for reasons of security.

Again, much appreciated :D
~myself.

ivus

Happy it's working now.

QuoteI read elsewhere that in a live-site scenario we are to name this folder 'something different and unpredictable' for reasons of security

-- not really. As long as it's outside of your home directory, the user cannot get to it directly anyway. The system still can...

Newb2vm

~myself.

ivus