News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM2 not emailing customers or notifying me of new orders!

Started by rand486, August 28, 2012, 22:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rand486

VM 2.0.10
Joomla 1.5.26
PHP 5.3.13
Rochen Hosting

I'm using the paid extension Offline Credit Card Processing, and the built-in Paypal as payment methods.  The purchase goes through seemingly correctly, but no emails are sent to the customer OR the administrator from VM.

• Yes, I've googled and searched these forums to death.  No solutions I found work.
  • Yes, Joomla's own system emails work.
  • PHP Safe Mode is off (seriously, I was amazed that was a suggestion on the forum, it hasn't been used in a LONG time)
  • I've tried two different email addresses, and linked it to a contact in the Contacts component of Joomla
  • I've tried setting the Mail Settings to PHP mail and Sendmail.  Both work for Joomla emails, but VM doesn't do anything with either.
  • Shop->Additional Information->Additional Information->Vendor Permissions: Admin, Shopper Group: default
  • Shop->Additional Information->Additional Informations:
Displayed Name: Webmaster
Username: webmaster
Email: [I've tried two different ones]
User Details:
Block User (No)
Receive System Emails (Yes)
Contact Information: Webmaster (links to a contact page)

• Configuration->Shop->Email Settings: HTML Mail
  • Configuration->Shop->Checkout->Default Order Status to send an invoice: Confirmed

What else do I look at?

alatak

Hello,

Your problem is not related to the Offline Credit Card Processing plugin, but to your web site configuration.
Go in the Joomla Global Configuration and check your Mail Settings.

rand486

Thank you for responding, but I'm afraid I disagree.  The problem is ONLY in Virtuemart.  As I pointed out in the original post, Joomla's mail settings work correctly.  I've verified this using the confirmation emails when a new user is created.

Joomla's mail settings work with both PHP Mail and Sendmail.  The only emails not sent are from the Virtuemart component.

rand486

Solved.  Turns out the problem was with the company that manages our company network.  The component had always been working, just not for emails sent within our network.

They are still working on resolving it.  Very frustrating.

Letterhead

QuoteRe: Solved.  Turns out the problem was with the company that manages our company network.  The component had always been working, just not for emails sent within our network.

They are still working on resolving it.  Very frustrating.

When you find the problem, can you please share this here?

Thank you

lancebekistan

I also have this problem and I am on Rochen as well.  I even tried having the notifications go to an e-mail outside of our domain but they just are not being sent. 

I did come up with a work around until this is solved.

I switched our e-mail services with the account to google apps.  You can do this through the cpanel.  Then set up joomla to use smtp for mail and put in your google apps info and the e-mail address you need to receive the last 4 digits at.

Our customers were getting confirmation e-mails but we were not receiving ours.  The last 4 digits are also in the customer confirmation e-mail.  If you set things up this way and use smtp the last 4 digits will be viewable in the sent mail folder after an order is placed.  I use thunderbird and have it set up using IMAP.  My old e-mails that were local were uploaded to the server so my e-mail history is in tact.

olenika

I HAVE SAME PROBLEMS. I hope somebody can help me!
I have a Joomla 2.5 with VM2.  My payment method is VM payment PayPal. I tried to buy things with real customers and payments. Every things was Ok.  The customer pay from his PayPal. His money goes to my PayPal account. But:
1. When the customer complete payment, PayPal did not return him to my website.
2. I did not have a ORDER email, he too.
3. I got this email 2 times :
Error while posting IPN: Permission denied, 13
4. In orders list His payment did not change from pending to confirmed.

vicleewc

i have this problem too.

Kindly assist us to solve it. urgent. thanks

binarix

I have this issue and Only admin get the notification. Customer do not get any email from the site.

Why is that..