News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

User details/address not being saved during checkout

Started by PixelShiftStudios, August 27, 2012, 13:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelShiftStudios

Hey guys, new to VM!

Im having an issue during the checkout process.  Once i click "check out" or "add/edit billing address" and fill out the info and hit "save", the page just refreshes and all the data is blank again.

Is there something im missing here?  All the fields are filled out and i even disabled the fields that are not required.

Any help would be awesome!

VM version 2.0.10
Joomla 2.5.6

Thanks!

John2400

just check that in configuration >>checkout >>that Only registered users can checkout is not ticked.

PixelShiftStudios

Yes, "Only registered users can checkout" is NOT checked.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the fast reply =)

only1russ

I too am having this issue - I thought it was theme related - but after changing that - I am not sure.
I am using the latest - CB, Joomla and Virtuemart (checked updated today 08-27-12)

I am also using a yagendoo.com theme - if in deed it does matter.

I had this working about a week ago - and some users CAN buy products - but if someone registers today - it says they need to choose a payment method - which I only use paypal - and after the difficulties setup a second paypal (the first one did work with all groups) as Paypal Standard -name difference only - with no groups.. It defaults to the billing info - and does not save the info.

I have tried - only registered, not - show checkout steps, not - etc, etc, etc - hopefully the solution is simply a combination I have not tried - however I am very short on time -

I don't have time to post for someone to apply to help - however:

I am very willing to PAY for help - ASAP - today - NOW - if someone will just PM me (I assume this forum takes care of this)
I am working with a non-profit business - and I can't stop my real job to help....

PLEASE help!

-- Russ T.

sfjoomster

I'm having exactly the same issue.

using joomla 2.5.6 virtuemart 2.0.10

1. user adds an item to the cart
2. user goes to cart to checkout
3. user adds registration info and billing information and clicks checkout
4. page refreshes, user is logged in but all the billing information is blank
5. user adds billing information AGAIN and clicks checkout the page refreshes and shows the cart - as it should have after the previous step

I to have tried toggling my checkout settings to following with the same results

On checkout, ask for registration - on or off
Only registered users can checkout  - on or off

If there is a way to display the registration form without the bill to form this may be sufficient since they would be redirected afterwords to the bill to form.
But there are hooks that seem to require the bill to information during the registration.

Even if I go into virtuemart and toggle the bill to fields to disabled on the registration form they show up and the same issue happens.

only1russ

Per a previous message - possibly in a different area, I was able to duplicate my shipping profile(s) and payment profiles by changing the default groups.

1 PayPal = default, annonymous
2 PayPal Standard = default
3 Paypal Payment = annonymous
4 Paypal payments = blank

The setup info in all is the same, but it allows the info to show up in any scenario.

I have other template issues that cause me trouble if a default is not set,
but it looks link I had to have a blank group here for processing to occur.

-I think it is template related - not sure - i don't have the time to dig,
however it fixed my immediate problem.

I still have the issue with the registration screen coming back to an empty screen,
and not saving any info, but if it is done up front - it seems to work now...
(and there may be other reasons attached here as well)

Lorrein

Having the same problem.
User add's billing info and saves, resulting in a blank screen.
However, when the user adds a payment method and returns, the billing address that was filled in is shown.
When the user clicks on edit billing address. Some old not updated cached info is shown.

When I disable the plugin system cache (and do more alterations) the billing address works fine.

Somehow it has to do with a caching problem I guess.

Any Advise?

staceyx

Pleeeeeeeease help me, I have been struggling to "get" VM2, many changes, not all so user friendly... have managed on 2 sites, but this one is killing me:
latest joomla 2.5. latest VM2, php 5.4 - site is here http://centralautoparts.biz/anew ,  cache is off in plugin and system, rockettheme, voxel, I THINK this may be a javascript /rocket / gantry issue, but I have tried turning off every plugin  - i have it set to NOT ask for user registration... tried every combination of java settings in VM2 config , tried default joomla template - even tried to use easy jquery plugin - NOTHING - STILL after user puts in billing info the page REFRESHES, with blank fields - does not save a think - i reinstalled VM2, i reuploaded the /user folder files, even dumped the ONE user that was stored in the user_infos database table, and then "fixed table in php myadmin AND in VM2 tools .... WHAT is going on?? Also i did try to disable modal popup cart (which is then supposed to take you straight to cart) and it does not, it brings me to frontpage of VM with categories...
I am in bizzaro world as I have VM2 running on a joomlaxtc temp and yootheme temp just fine - Can anyone please go to the site , add something to cart, and fill out billing address - to see the "refresh"  - I even tried using one page checkout and when you hit "confirm" order on that page - it GOES TO THE DEFAULT VM2 "add/edit billing address.... the SAME page i am talking about that just refreshes the billing info... 4 hours on this and frankly I want to cry... anyone? thank you in advance

jenkinhill

Sure looks like a template problem, but what have you done with VM's TOS? Due to what appears to be a bug in the TOS code in Joomla 2.5.6+ I found it has to be checked to prevent problems at checkout as it is a locked required field. This behaviour can be changed if necessary:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=111063.msg372666#msg372666

Also a good idea to include <jdoc:include type="message" /> in the Joomla template header to allow Joomla ro report errors.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Peter Pillen

is the session started correctly? If you go to Joomla > configuration > system ... are the session settings set correct? For example a session life time of "30" and session handler "database"?

I did a test order on your site and it is indeed impossible to register my data. Also check your clientfields in virtuemart configuration. Maybe some field is set as required while it is not shown in the registration form, making it impossible to add client data.

Maybe try removing the state/province dropdown from your registration form. I noticed something strange with that. It shows up as a required field, but it doesn't light up in red when you don't use it.

staceyx

You guys are great - I did everything you suggested - turned off fields/on -  did the core overide to "unlock" the fields and disabled TOS totally - did the system message addition, but I am getting NO errors when the page refreshes and goes blank? I also upped the system time out to 30 and made sure database was selected in the dropdown

I just cannot troubleshoot this - 65 joomla sites later you would think right?
when you say template issue do you mean RTvoxel? well when I switch to another temp it still does the same thing - so i'm thinking - vm2 issue..

Can anyone make a suggestion as to what the best way to move forward from here? i'm thinking export products drop all tables in virtuemart, update the install import, and try again - I really want to use yag theme and one page checkout (which all works beautifully on one of my other site) but i uninstalled all that till i get the core working...
again so many thanks - i'm sure it's something ridiculous - but i don't have any more time to put into this...

Peter Pillen

me personally... I would start with disabling all plugins and extra features you have running on virtuemart. Start with the question "Does checkout work on the basic virtuemart setup?" without one-step-checkout, sef urls, custom template and so on. If it does, you can start to enable one plugin at the time and check constantly which plugin or template is causing the problem. If it does not work, you must have a corrupted file in the core somewhere.

* EDIT: I just saw you did that already  :-[

I have looked at the code differences between your check-out and mine and I see you have a  aria-invalid="false" check in your save button. I don't have that in mine. I looked up what this does, but I wouldn't use it myself. I don't know where the button is set, but maybe try removing that part just to be sure. For the rest, your check-out code looks just the same. Does registration work with checkout?

QuoteThe aria-invalid attribute is used to indicate that the value entered into an input field does not conform to the format expected by the application.This may include formats such as email addresses or telephone numbers. aria-invalid can also be used to indicate that a required field has not been filled in.The attribute should be programmatically set as a result of a validation process.