News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 2.0 - "Add To Cart", only for registred users. Anyone who can help?

Started by Lindhardsen, February 03, 2012, 00:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindhardsen

Fairly simple:
I want to be able to restrict the website so that only registered users can Add to cart.
Just like it is possible in older VM versions.

As it is now, I can remove the pricing for unregistered users, but they can still "Add to Cart", and view the cart information... In which they will find the prices not shown on the products.

I assume this to be a fairly simple jobs, but how much would it cost me?
Please answer here (for other to see), or send me a PM with your quote.

All the best
/Jan

mathamatha

Hello,
I have the same question.
I only show price for registered customer. So with this configuration, I assumed button "add to cart" was only visible for registered user.
So it's not the case.

Does it "as design" or a bug ?

Thanks for your answer

Hugues

aki

Hello,
I have the same question.
I only show price for registered customer. So with this configuration, I assumed button "add to cart" was only visible for registered user.

solution should be

technext2k

Hi, I can make a plugin for that. No core code hacking. If you are interested, please contact me.

mathamatha

Thanks, I find a solution for this case.
I override component. I add a userid test.

It can't be a generic soution.

So if some people know where can find a virtuemart developper referencial, he 'll be welcome.

Regards

Genius WebDesign

For everyone who wants the "add to cart button" to only work for logged in users, I can make this for you with PHP-coding + adding some extra elements (e.g. an alternative "add to cart button" for non-logged cutomers) to the override product details page.

There are many different styling options and ways to implement it, so this is something I would prefer coding to fit your exact needs and wishes regarding layout design etc.
If you want me to work on this on your site please send me an e-mail to: webmaster@traeogbyg.dk

The payment will depend on how much modification you need done.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum