2.0.10 Awesome - 2 minutes update from 2.0.8 great stuff

Started by John2400, August 23, 2012, 14:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John2400

Just tonight I updated to 2.0.10 -
I notice the new configurations for out of stock products - Great when you are doing stock
updates - and tracking products.
New search - in the back end -Very handy
Little updates for some of those template script clashes -
Inventory colours/colors - low stock - ( have a look at that )
Thanks - team ;D ;D

edcv

Great news!

Did you update from 2.0.8e?

I have 2.0.8d and I'm not sure if I would need to upgrade to 2.0.8e first.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

simbus82

Quote from: John2400 on August 23, 2012, 14:36:57 PM
Just tonight I updated to 2.0.10 -
I notice the new configurations for out of stock products - Great when you are doing stock
updates - and tracking products.
New search - in the back end -Very handy
Little updates for some of those template script clashes -
Inventory colours/colors - low stock - ( have a look at that )
Thanks - team ;D ;D

A very good&stable version ;-) Probably only now we can really speak of "VM 2.0"

I think the only bad thing is the heavy and slow "not joomla standard" UI... i hope, for Joomla 3.0, the development team of VM will use ONLY a pure Bootstrap template following the guidelines of Joomla Team.
Joomla! 2.5.16 & VM 2.0.24b

Milbo

lol, heavy and slow? It is neither heavy nor slow. Furthermore I do absolutly not understand the unergonomic habit to place menues on top.

Because our eyes are done for areas, for width. You can test it yourself, a meter high is "more" than a meter width. So we have the menu on the side. We will integrate bootstrap, yes. But I dont think it makes a lot difference.

Do you have any evidence that it is slow? Do you know how to test it? I know how to test it. The menue is js and takes maybe 5% of the whole page load. I am interested in your numbers. But for me it is a typical prejudice thing, some guy say it other tell it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

simbus82

Quote from: Milbo on August 24, 2012, 13:04:03 PM
lol, heavy and slow? It is neither heavy nor slow. Furthermore I do absolutly not understand the unergonomic habit to place menues on top.

Because our eyes are done for areas, for width. You can test it yourself, a meter high is "more" than a meter width. So we have the menu on the side. We will integrate bootstrap, yes. But I dont think it makes a lot difference.

Do you have any evidence that it is slow? Do you know how to test it? I know how to test it. The menue is js and takes maybe 5% of the whole page load. I am interested in your numbers. But for me it is a typical prejudice thing, some guy say it other tell it.

Uff every time anyone do a little critics... you explode! uff...

I think you not use VM on a 24" full hd monitor.

You need to think about users not your taste. Aesthetically is "heavy" and wrong. Slow because the menu has a drawer system... and is not like any other part of administration.

See the screenshots.

Maybe a simple thing is mantain same padding/margin value of standard administrator screens for header and the containers.

And maybe you can limit the tabs width.

PS: i'm with you for the menu on the left! And Bootstrap use it a lot!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jjk

Quote from: simbus82 on August 24, 2012, 17:34:52 PM
...I think you not use VM on a 24" full hd monitor.

Recently somebody told me he is working with VM2 on a 40" TV...  :)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

simbus82

Quote from: jjk on August 24, 2012, 18:42:32 PM
Quote from: simbus82 on August 24, 2012, 17:34:52 PM
...I think you not use VM on a 24" full hd monitor.

Recently somebody told me he is working with VM2 on a 40" TV...  :)

A 40" TV could be an HD Ready model... so... the important is ... resolution! :D

Milbo

The first pictures shows some design issues, yes. But it is not slow and the view you are showing there is imho one of the most unimportant ones.

janis

mm.. sounds great.. still i wait a few days to see what bug's are found now.. if it's not bad 'll update.. but well....uu.. lol...
Files:  http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

Updates:
https://github.com/VirtueMart/virtuemart/commits/master

love virtuemart when it's 10000% stable like in version 4.5 in the year 2015

Milbo

yeyeh, I see you are an optimistic person,.... year 2015

simbus82

Quote from: Milbo on August 24, 2012, 18:47:05 PM
The first pictures shows some design issues, yes. But it is not slow and the view you are showing there is imho one of the most unimportant ones.

ok, can i try to fix it? i have just personalized it on my templates to be more "joomlified" :D

John2400

mmm,

Wow - I'll post  a little update here, been working hard to find some real bugs? - I do not have any hacks or tweeks in my site, I use a simple template with side menus ( my preference). Client like it too.

* I'm sure I will post some preferences or future requests soon. Often I look at issues that might effect one one person in a 1000.  This update is Awesome as I said in my heading.

I am one with two 19 inch, 32in (80cm)LCD and super HD TV 40inc (100cm) which I switch over to show my clients the they love looking at the screen. I have no issues on any of these screens.  Except when everyone else wants to watch TV.
I can see no problem - ( issues I think might come from- servers and service providers) especially speed. I always think the best idea to test a site is to go into a $2.00 an hour shared internet games store, off the street and try and log into your site while everyone is rapidly ( sharing the bandwidth) playing online games. There you will see real download issues and problems. Which I have not seen.

I would be the first to say -if things got out of proportion or bleed across the screen or are too slow. (sorry - love the templates , FE and BE)  - update today .

rachaelrawlins

After updating to 2.0.10 (and I greatly appreciate the free updates) I am experiencing problems accessing VM control panel icon content.  I understand this could have been something I did... I can't find anyone else with a similar problem anywhere.  I would greatly appreciate help if someone can contact me - PLEASE.  Front end and backend of everything works 100% except when entering Virtuemart from the backend, the Control Panel is perfectly accessible however the icon content is not.

Enter into Product Categories - the page appears fine.  Enter into the Category itself - error.
The shop btn does something very similar as to what product categories.

I did the update with the one click update.  Did I miss a step?  I don't understand what I could have done to have prevented this.

If you view the attached screenshots, you will see when I enter into products, a server error occurs:
     Server error
     The website encountered an error while retrieving http://...../index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=product. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
     Here are some suggestions:
     Reload this webpage later.
     HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

While I can add products via PHP myAdmin as the current method -  I don't want to release the site to my client with such an error.  Like everyone, my client is in part sold because of the simplicity in adding products themselves for future usage.  I am loading in about 16k products across a staggering 322 categories. It will also be bridged to QuickBooks so they can manage it from there - so I understand I have other options.  I'm strictly looking for a solution to fix the backend PLEASE.

Feel free to email me!  Hopefully, I can return a favor to you.

ShowLiFE

Hello
VM 2.0.8 update to 2.0.10 VM took place without problems.
When entering a product I noticed a little awkwardness.
As a unit of the product can be choose: kg, l, m, m2, m3, 100ml .....
The company sells audio equipment (amplifiers, speakers .....) and in VM 2.0.8
I can enter product unit: piece, pair, set ..
I solved that case I file:
administrator / components / com_virtuemart / views / product / tmpl / product_edit_dimensions.php
copied from VM 2.0.8
I attach the image to see what it's about (sorry trade only in Slovenian language)
Best regards Chico