how to display manufacturer products under manufacturer details page

Started by slammy, August 22, 2012, 21:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slammy

Hi VM-Community,

I was wondering if anybody of you knows a solution how to show products which belongs to a certain manufacturer directly under that manufacturer details page without a second click?

Background:
I don´t want to create own manufacturer categories and place the products in it, because this leads to more than one url per product what is bad for SEO, besides the page navigation with prev and next links cannot work correctly than anymore ... (http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101208.msg337330#msg337330).

Situation now:
If I use the button "show all products from this manufacturer" on the manufacturer details page, it leads to a generated site with joomla config standard keys and descriptions and no describing mf-text and mf-logo

Why to change this?:
I think it would be really fine for some SEO reasons to do that, because the combination of important keywords and information in manufacturer description texts, manufacturer logo with alt-text and meta keys, generell meta keys and descriptions (if you assign a joomla menue entry to the virtuemart manufacturer details page it´s possible to set up metadata! - ok finally it does not work with jml 2.5.6, but you can put some manual edited keys and descriptions to view.html.php in components/com_virtuemart/view/manufacturer/view.html.php), H1 paragraph and finally a lot of productlinks maybe named with the manufacturer leads to good seo results for this manufacturer-brand.

In my case, we generated a good portion of traffic about the manufacturer names, maybe because there aren´t this famous as others ...
Does anybody is in the same boat with me? Would appreciate any help or idea

greetz slammy

sr vm 2.0.8_e and jml2.5.6

kobm

Hi

Have you solved this issue, cause i have the same problem.

i have searched forum for 3 houres now, but no solution.

Købmanden

slammy

Hi,

I am afraid I didn´t solve this issue yet. I was wondering why there are so less pp replying to this treat. Maybe there is a lack of people who try to generate traffic over the brandnames, I don´t know.
If I will find an answer by myself next time, I post it for sure!

regards slammy

kobm

Ok. Thanks for info

We must hope that some one, makes a solotion, cause it looks realy bad, with that button.

Købmanden

joely666

I'm not sure if this will help you, but it works for my requirements.
I needed to bypass the manufacturer details page and go straight to a list of manufacturers
products, but include the relevant manufacturer-description and image at the top of the page.
I have already set the VM configuration to hide categories in the product browse pages.

In components/com_virtuemart/views/category/view.html.php
Under the line (182 for me)
$virtuemart_manufacturer_id = JRequest::getInt('virtuemart_manufacturer_id',0 );

insert the following
// get manufacturer models
$model = VmModel::getModel('manufacturer');
if ($virtuemart_manufacturer_id !=0 ) {

$manufacturer = $model->getManufacturer();
$model->addImages($manufacturer,1);

$manufacturerImage = $manufacturer->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="manufacturer-image"',false);

$this->assignRef('manufacturerImage', $manufacturerImage);
$this->assignRef('manufacturer', $manufacturer);
$pathway->addItem(strip_tags($manufacturer->mf_name));
}

Then to get your manufacturer links to go directly to the page:
In components/com_virtuemart/views/manufacturer/tmpl/default.php

replace:
index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=manufacturer&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=
with:
index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=

and make the same change twice in /modules/mod_virtuemart_manufacturer/tmpl/default.php
(as mentioned in https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101528.0)

There are still a couple of issues with this. I can't see how to get rid of the 'view all products' link.
It's not components/com_virtuemart/views/manufacturer/tmpl/details.php. For now I've hidden it with css, which is probably
frowned upon!

Also I don't know if there is any way to override view.html.php.

But I hope it's useful to someone anyway.

kobm

Hi Thanks
but i is not working

the manufacturer-description and image at the top of the page is not showing
only the products.
is there something else to do ?

Jan

spyderwebdesign

Is this what you are trying to do?

Click the manufacture's name from the left nav.

www.likdancewear.com

kobm

Hi

something like that, but i want the Manufacturer
description and images on top of the page

Jan

slammy

Hi,

thanks joely666 for your solution. I did not have the time to test it yet. I will make this test next weekend and post my finals. I will post too how to get rid of the "show all items" button. I found this place earlier and I made some changes with it. I think it was at view.html.php, but I am not sure yet. SOrry I don´t have the time now to have a look at it. I´ll post next weekend.
regards slammy

mdalabar

I don't need manufacturer info so i do this and display products while clicking on manufacturer names
This works for me
replace this line in mod_virtuemart_manufacturer/tmpl/default.php (instead of core file editing do overriding)
$link = JROUTE::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=manufacturer&virtuemart_manufactur_id=' . $manufacturer->virtuemart_manufacturer_id);
with
$link = JROUTE::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=' . $manufacturer->virtuemart_manufacturer_id);

balai

zainabubu

I have the pro version of custom filters and still want manufacturers listed with products once it gets clicked on from product details page. It'd simplify things a whole lot for people clicking through the website. the less unnecessary clicks the better.

balai

Hi

Custom Filters display the products that belong to a manufacturer, when a manufacturer is selected in the cf module, but it has no any effect in the product details pages.

To solve that you should change the manufacturer link in the product details page.
components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\default_manufacturer.php