News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can't set related product in backend

Started by NRE, July 19, 2012, 10:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NRE

Hi, my first post here so a big "Ciao!" to everybody :)
I've a problem with related products: when I type some letters (or product full name) product icon appear empty with only the grey box (see attachment), and if I select a related product and save it (even if I can't see its image) the product won't be saved.
Any solution?

My conf:
database    5.1.49-3
PHP    5.3.3-7+squeeze8
Web Server Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
Joomla! 2.5.6 Stable [ Ember ] 19-June-2012 14:00 GMT
VM 2.0.8e

Thank you

[attachment cleanup by admin]

rvbgnu

Hi nre,
That looks like a file/folder permission issue... Could you see your product images and icons/thumbnail on the "Product Images" tab?
And what about the "Media FIles" (in VirtueMart > Shop (menu left hand side) > Media Files), can you see the image thumb as well?

If not,
Either: try to upload an image as "Thumb" in your product detail, "Upload File" and select "Replace thumb". Check that the two image folder, below in the blue area, are "Writeable" (in green). If not, you must change these files permissions.

OR: check in VM > Configuration (menu left) > Configuration > Templates (Tab) > Media Files Settings: check if "Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing?" is enabled. If it is enabled, then there is something wrong, maybe with the file permissions again.

Best Regards, Hervé Boinnard - Irish Time (GMT)
Joomla! multilingual website and online business made easy - https://www.puma-it.ie

3D Secure v1 (3DS1) & Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)! Stripe.com payment plugin for VirtueMart 3: https://www.puma-it.ie/en/joomla-and-virtuemart-extensions/stripe-for-virtuemart
Authipay (AIB Merchant Services) for VirtueMart 2 & 3: https://www.puma-it.ie/en/joomla-and-virtuemart-extensions/authipay-aib-merchant-services-for-virtuemart

NRE

Hi and thank you for replay, yes I can upload (and create) thumbnail and I correctly see the thumb image in media list.
Also I've already changed succefully thumbs size by deleting old thumbs images and re-create them again, so I don't think is a permission problem.
Note: even if I select an empty box image in custom tab and then save it (I can see product name followed by "::" in the text field), the related product is not saved.

Any other idea? :)
Thank you.

NRE

Another info: this is the first line of the JSON replay.

Object { id="37", value="Stefano::", label=
<div class="vm_thumb_image">
<span></span>
<input type="hidden" value="" name="field[3][field_type]" />
<input type="hidden" value="" name="field[3][virtuemart_custom_id]" />
<input type="hidden" value="0" name="field[3][virtuemart_customfield_id]" />
<input type="hidden" value="" checked="checked" name="field[3][admin_only]" />
<div class="vmicon vmicon-16-remove"></div>
         </div>"

Is that normal?
Thank you.

dhefley

NRE - did you ever find a solution?? This is also happening to me!!  Clean install of Joomla 2.5.7 and VM 2.0.12b.

I get very similar JSON (for a product named 'test'):

[{"id":"11","value":"test::test","label":"<div class=\"vm_thumb_image\">\n\t\t\t\t<span><\/span>\n\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t<input type=\"hidden\" value=\"\" name=\"field[0][field_type]\" \/>\n\t\t\t<input type=\"hidden\" value=\"\" name=\"field[0][virtuemart_custom_id]\" \/>\n\t\t\t<input type=\"hidden\" value=\"0\" name=\"field[0][virtuemart_customfield_id]\" \/>\n\t\t\t<input type=\"hidden\" value=\"\" checked=\"checked\" name=\"field[0][admin_only]\" \/>\n\t\t\t\t<div class=\"vmicon vmicon-16-remove\"><\/div><\/div>"}]

Also, I can create and work with thumbs perfectly!

NRE