Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

<Solved>error with categories addressing

Started by aptermin, August 20, 2012, 12:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aptermin

Hello

I have a problem with the categories linking to the wrong addresses 
if i am in ~/index.php I can easily view my items from the categories as the address becomes ~index.php/component/virtuemart/accessories <(for example) when i hover over my categories.
but if i navigate to say ~index.php/orders/
my categories links become ~index.php/orders/accessories  <(for example) which leaves me only the option to go back to the main menu and then navigate the categories
please could someone advise

thank you 

p.s.
I have searched these forums for this issue
if there is a post already please send me the link

esixtyone

I had exactly this problem.

I has a module (VM category) and a registered users menu with the VM orders and VM account maintenance items. (nothing else VM related in any other menu).

When I was on the account maintenance page, or the orders page (by clicking on the menu link after login.), the module links were all broken (like yours.

Note: if you turn off SEO, the links work ok.

to fix this with SEO turned on, add a menu item in your main menu, which is of type Virtuemart: Frontpage. (for e.g. set the name/alias to "shop")

now when doing the same test, the category module links point to index.php/shop/myfirstcategory

If you don't want that link in the menu, I think you can create another menu, add the VM Frontpage Item, leave the menu published, but not assigned to a module? (I haven't tested this, but have read about a similar trick for something else...)

I'm not sure 100% why this fixes the SEO routing, If someone wants to jump in a educate us, please do so!

aptermin

Quote from: esixtyone on August 20, 2012, 15:22:45 PM
I had exactly this problem.

I has a module (VM category) and a registered users menu with the VM orders and VM account maintenance items. (nothing else VM related in any other menu).

When I was on the account maintenance page, or the orders page (by clicking on the menu link after login.), the module links were all broken (like yours.

Note: if you turn off SEO, the links work ok.

to fix this with SEO turned on, add a menu item in your main menu, which is of type Virtuemart: Frontpage. (for e.g. set the name/alias to "shop")

now when doing the same test, the category module links point to index.php/shop/myfirstcategory

If you don't want that link in the menu, I think you can create another menu, add the VM Frontpage Item, leave the menu published, but not assigned to a module? (I haven't tested this, but have read about a similar trick for something else...)

I'm not sure 100% why this fixes the SEO routing, If someone wants to jump in a educate us, please do so!

Thank you esixtyone 
I added a shop menu item and worked perfectly !!