News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Wrong pages and product count in VM search module

Started by Menace, August 20, 2012, 10:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menace

Hello

I'm using Joomla! 2.5.6 and VM 2.0.8e and with VM search enabled for the product search on frontend.

My Problem is that when using the search the results counter sums up Parent and generic childs in the product count.

The whole Problem began with setting up my child variants. As far as I understood, childs should not be listed on frontend when no category is assigned to them. In fact they did show up on frontend whenever highest category Level with overview of all products was shown and on searchview.

First of all I achieved to hide the childs from category and searchview by using the code from this post: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103702.msg344651#msg344651
which did part of the job. Childs are not showing up anymore in those views.

But still they seem to be counted an wrack my category and searchview pages as childs are still counted in the results.

For example if I do a search with keyword "the" the following happens:
1. The counter shows 60 results. The parent products would be 20 so the total count is exactly the sum of parents and childs, because I have 2 childs per parent product.
2. The page navigation shows pages 1-7 with 9 products per page and 3 products per row. Additionally, there seem to be a kind of placeholders for the childs in the view. So the parents are not shown one after another, instead after every parent product there is an empty space per row like there should be 2 other products displayed.

I really have no idea what is happening there. Any kind of help or hint is appreciated.
Than you in advance,
Martin