News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Feeding Affiliate Links and Affiliate Products

Started by TechMansoor, August 20, 2012, 02:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechMansoor

I am looking to build a site that displays products via searched queires. I need a system in which I can feed my affiliate links, and the products are displayed from those links e.g circuitcity.com/techmansoor.

Can VM2 accomplish this with possibly an add-on or by itself? 

OpenGlobal

We are currently developing a CSV import extension which will take a CSV product feed (such as those from affiliate networks) and populate the VM database with the product information.

Is this what you're after?

OpenGlobal

TechMansoor

Quote from: OpenGlobal on August 20, 2012, 19:45:03 PM
We are currently developing a CSV import extension which will take a CSV product feed (such as those from affiliate networks) and populate the VM database with the product information.

Is this what you're after?

OpenGlobal

I believe this will do it. Once the feed is imported, will a consumer be able to search my website for products that were fed via the csv import?

Do you guys have an eta on the extenstion or possibly a beta that is out?

Thanks in advanced!

OpenGlobal

You should be able to do anything that you can do with a normal VM setup.

We were meant to be releasing something this month, but it's looking more like next month now.

OpenGlobal

TechMansoor

OpenGlobal..forgive my stupidity...

But are you saying I should be able to accomplish my original post with virtuemart.

In a nutshell:

- I want to have a google like site(frontend) with joomla
- Have people querie various prodcuts
- Finally, have those affiliate products as well as an image displayed immediately after the query?

The affiliate products would of course be from various vendors like circuit city, bestbuy, etc...

Can I get this accomplished using virtuemart and virtueaffiliate perhaps?

OpenGlobal

As long as the affiliate networks provide product feeds as CSV, then our extension will simply insert them into a regular VM installation which you can configure however you wish. It just inserts the product data, prices, categories, images, etc into VirtueMart. Once the data is inserted, you have VirtueMart with the affiliate products. You can do anything that you can do with any VirtueMart setup.

The extension is just a product feed import.

OpenGlobal

TechMansoor

You have completely made my day and schooled me indeed.

One more final question. My primary affiliate network is Linkshare.

It only offers RSS Feeds,so far from what I've read, as its datafeeds.

Does virtuemart work with Linkshare at all?

Thanks

OpenGlobal

Our extension will only work with CSV feeds. So if linkshare only provide RSS feeds, then this will not work.

OpenGlobal

parasalo

Hello!

I'm searching a VM extension that imports CSV data feeds from my account at Tradedoubler into Virtuemart. When will you expect to release the extension about you are talking here?

Thank you very much.
Regards

OpenGlobal