News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Prices not showing up to non-logged in users

Started by darkroast, August 19, 2012, 23:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkroast

OK, I'm completely confused. I built the cart for my client, and had Joomla offline while checking things out. In order to see the site, I logged in as admin. The prices show up in the category view, just as I expected. However, when I took the site online, and looked at the category view without logging in, no prices. They don't even show on the detail page.

What am I doing wrong?

bytelord

Hello,

looks like misconfiguration.

Could you please check if anonymous shopper group have enabled to show prices?

You can check that on the BE by going to Orders & Shoppers --> Shopper Groups --> Select -anonymous- and please check Show Prices and what prices are enabled. Should be ALL selected in show prices and above.
The same should be in the default shopper group.

Last please don't forget to mention your joomla,php and vm version.

Help helps you out.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

darkroast

On the -anonymous- group, "Show Prices" is checked. All price types are checked as well. "Enable shoppergroup specific price display" is NOT checked. Same for default shopper group.

Joomla version is 2.5.6
PHP 5.3.16
VM Version: 2.0.8e

bytelord

Hello,

What options you have selected on Configuration -> Pricing?
If you login as just registered user do you see the prices or only with admin account?

I could tell you try a backup and from Tools->tools & migration go to install tables and if necessary update them.

darkroast

I created a regular user and logged in as that. Prices weren't available there either, so it looks like only the admin account can see them.

Under configuration > pricing, here's what's checked:

Show tax in cart

Show Prices
Baseprice show price and label
Tax Amount

bytelord

Update: Enable everything in show prices and use the standard vm template with no overrides, base price is only for the admin :)
You should use final sales price, so enable them all to see the results :)

ok, i think something goes wrong with your shopper group configuration. Please enable both joomla and VM debugging and if you can send me i url of your live site.
Also could please check you joomal database (using phpmyadmin) and tell me the following values inside the virtuemart_shoppergroups table:

virtuemart_shoppergroup_id    shopper_group_name    default
    2                                                   default                       1
    3                                                anonymous                   2

Also if everything in the backend is correctly configured (after a backup) try Tools->tools & migration go to install tables and if necessary update them

sorema

didi you solve this? in my shop VM  2.0.14 (j2.8) only admin users can see base price. how can i solve this? if i add a discount only admins can se the starting price, then is shown the final price and the discount amount. nothing more!

bytelord

Hello Sorena,

base price is for calculating the profits, etc. Please for your customers (anonymous & default) use the Baseprice with Tax, but without discounts and Final salesprice

Regards

ironic

Quote from: bytelord on November 30, 2012, 16:08:48 PM

Please for your customers (anonymous & default) use the Baseprice with Tax, but without discounts and Final salesprice

It's not possible. "Base price with Tax, but without discounts" is not shown for registered (-default-) or anonymous (-anonymous-) as well as "Base price".

As I don't use taxes, for registered and anonymous I have two identical prices in product category page - "Discounted Price without tax" and "Final price". Customers don't understand where is a joke because they don't see "Base price" or "Base price with Tax, but without discounts". In this case usage of "Discount" field to show saved money is not recommended because customers think that it is additional discount as they don't see start price. :(

In product preview page i don't see "Discounted Price without tax" nor for both mentioned groups nor for admin.

Please help me  :(

Joomla 2.5.8
VM 2.0.14