News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Cart Page Fields & Modifications

Started by PRO, August 15, 2012, 15:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

Quote from: Stonedfury on April 22, 2013, 18:01:29 PM
I had to add the damn button back to the bottom. Do you have any advice on how to skip the TOS. I tried to disable it even on the stock vm and the damn check still shows and it gives an error that the TOS was not checked. :(

THANK YOU for the date code. Being I use an image for shipping time I will just have to modify it with a solid number. :)

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=114617.0

PRO

Stonedfury

I get "Ship Date 12/31" for output of today's date.
The exact output is
Ship Date 12/31
- Estimated Arrival Date 04/25 for Orders placed within U.S.A. before 3 p. m. PST Today -
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

PRO

i just tried it an it works for me

Stonedfury

I am not having the best of days. It wont load todays date. My php is seemly more and more piss poor. :( I hate Mondays too.

I have other issues to with the checkout button code. I think it is linked to the TOS in the long run.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

PRO

Quote from: Stonedfury on April 22, 2013, 22:14:37 PM
I am not having the best of days. It wont load todays date. My php is seemly more and more piss poor. :( I hate Mondays too.

I have other issues to with the checkout button code. I think it is linked to the TOS in the long run.

are you testing this locally?

that could be the problem.

OR, some other php setting is not correct

Stonedfury

No. lol I am breaking rules and testing on a live site.

PRO

if it ships today, you dont have to do the date.

Just the delivery date

Stonedfury

I just wanted to be fancy. :P I also got the button to display for guest. I only am showing TOS on the cart page so the issue was when a person selected guest there was no TOS checked as per <?php if (((!empty($this->cart->BT))&& ($this->cart->cartData['paymentName'] != 'No payment selected') )&& ($this->cart->tosAccepted))
I just removed the check for TOS :) that fixed the button not showing for guest to checkout. Now I need to figure out why the templates button for the cart (the one in template) requires to be clicked 2 times. you finish putting in information all fields filled in > click Place My Order > and it saves "Checkout done, please confirm the order".  I think it should not care and just save and pass the information.

PRO

Quote from: Stonedfury on April 22, 2013, 23:50:40 PM
I just wanted to be fancy. :P I also got the button to display for guest. I only am showing TOS on the cart page so the issue was when a person selected guest there was no TOS checked as per <?php if (((!empty($this->cart->BT))&& ($this->cart->cartData['paymentName'] != 'No payment selected') )&& ($this->cart->tosAccepted))
I just removed the check for TOS :) that fixed the button not showing for guest to checkout. Now I need to figure out why the templates button for the cart (the one in template) requires to be clicked 2 times. you finish putting in information all fields filled in > click Place My Order > and it saves "Checkout done, please confirm the order".  I think it should not care and just save and pass the information.

like i said before, IF they click the LINKS for billing, & payment, & if you have shipment.

THEN, when they get back to the cart, they only have to push it once

Stonedfury

Pro - on our site it does not seem to work that way and I do believe it is in lue of the TOS. If the TOS is not required then they just click and it is one time done deal. The TOS acts like it has to save and then you can check out. Thats why I want to completely do away with the TOS. Funny part is the TOS is on cart and not edit_address (well it can be shown on address) I need to override the one on cart and set it to true-hidden but as I said about my skills being bleh lately. :( I think if I get that done then I can include your tos check for the button as it would always be true.

Just so I am absolutely clear. Thank you very much sir, very very much. You have been one of the biggest helps to me. You have no idea.

PRO

Quote from: Stonedfury on April 23, 2013, 17:23:07 PM
Pro - on our site it does not seem to work that way and I do believe it is in lue of the TOS. If the TOS is not required then they just click and it is one time done deal. The TOS acts like it has to save and then you can check out. Thats why I want to completely do away with the TOS. Funny part is the TOS is on cart and not edit_address (well it can be shown on address) I need to override the one on cart and set it to true-hidden but as I said about my skills being bleh lately. :( I think if I get that done then I can include your tos check for the button as it would always be true.

Just so I am absolutely clear. Thank you very much sir, very very much. You have been one of the biggest helps to me. You have no idea.

you just need to <input hidden>

FROM the billing address & then , remove the code on the cart page, thats all I did

Stonedfury

I solved my problem if I didn't already say so. :) I disabled TOS in the Db, removed the code from the link you provided for TOS and on the page. This makes the page, aside from the forms, a one click deal. I also added a button with text to replace the TOS next to the pay now. This way the customer could not claim they didnt see it. On a phone it is first to be displayed above the button.

Stonedfury

I was wondering. Is there any insight on how to load the fields for a user to input their details and save&submit upon checkout. Totally removing the need to separate windows to be loaded. I am aware of OPC extensions but Id rather just modify what I have than hope I get a working OPC. I have seriously made use of the code from you.

Also any inside on how I would make this check to see if the view is category too? <?php if ($this->countModules('main-top') and JRequest::getCmd('view')!=='cart'): ?>. Maybe this? <?php if ($this->countModules('moduleposition') and JRequest::getCmd('view')!=='cart') &&(view)!=='category'?>
This code hides my selected modules from being visible on those pages. Currently the dynamic version is not working after clicking the save button on shipper or payment. :(

PRO

Quote from: Stonedfury on May 02, 2013, 19:32:05 PM
I was wondering. Is there any insight on how to load the fields for a user to input their details and save&submit upon checkout. Totally removing the need to separate windows to be loaded. I am aware of OPC extensions but Id rather just modify what I have than hope I get a working OPC. I have seriously made use of the code from you.

Also any inside on how I would make this check to see if the view is category too? <?php if ($this->countModules('main-top') and JRequest::getCmd('view')!=='cart'): ?>. Maybe this? <?php if ($this->countModules('moduleposition') and JRequest::getCmd('view')!=='cart') &&(view)!=='category'?>
This code hides my selected modules from being visible on those pages. Currently the dynamic version is not working after clicking the save button on shipper or payment. :(

http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/virtuemart-template-and-module-control

http://www.metamodpro.com/metamod/metamod-pro