News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom Date for Delivery Date

Started by ravsimple, August 14, 2012, 17:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravsimple

Hello,

First of all, sorry if this topic has already been covered, if so, please re-direct to the post.

My website will be for parents who want to order packed lunches for their child. They need to somehow choose the delivery date for that lunch/product?

I have tried to use the custom date field, so on the product page, the parent would select a date for the lunch to be delivered on.

Any ideas on how this can be reached or am I doing something wrong? I have attached a screenshot of what happens when I use the date field.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Rav

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Cornel

I have been searching for this select time/date option for some time now and at this very moment a plugin is being created so your customer will be able to select delivery date at the checkout page (not on the product page).

If it is ready I will post it on this forum.

PolishedGeek

@ravsimple

If you need date and time functionality inside the product page, rather than at checkout...and the normal custom fields aren't quite robust enough (no conditional fields, date field not quite doing what you need)....then please do check with me in about 4 - 5 weeks. We have a custom project under negotiation that would enable admins to do all kinds of form questions and data collection inside the VM2 product pages, and associate it with the individual product.

But if you need just a simple date and time picker at checkout for the whole order, what Cornel is having built might just do the trick.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

ravsimple

Okay thank you for your responses.

I know that parents will order for more than one day, so the date feature on the checkout will be limiting? As that will control the delivery date for the entire order not for each product?

Just out of curiostity what is the custom date field for or what can it do?

Kind regards

Fintan

Hey all. Good I found this post. I need exactly that (delivery time/date) for my pizza site.

Cheers
Fred

PolishedGeek

@ravsimple -  The solution we are developing will allow you to have separate delivery dates for each product, not just the order. But it won't be out until late September.

Until then, you could:
a) Use a custom date picker Shopper field in the checkout (per order)
b) Use a customer input text field as a product custom field in the product details page (per product)
c) Have someone develop a shipping plugin that collects basic date and time info (per order)
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

PolishedGeek

@ravsimple - Good  news!  Our developers actually managed to make it possible to collect different form information for each product being ordered (even if the two products use the same Breezing Form, you can have different information captured for each). 

I think this would allow you to collect the different delivery dates you need.

We're offering a limited number of free beta copies for clients who are willing to field test the new version. Contact us at:  info [at] polishedgeek.com  to participate.

Please remember you must have a functioning Crosstec Breezing Form built and ready to use this extension. Our plugin is an integration of Breezing Forms and VM2.  Please see the system requirements and instructions here: http://docs.polishedgeek.com/wiki/display/BF
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

ravsimple

Hi - Perfect!

I will look into this further and contact you as soon as possible!!!

I will download and use the contact form extension you have specified.

Kind regards,

Ravi

lilyferchita

Hello

I'm interesting about this!!

I hope you let me try...I will download and use the contact form extension you have specified.

The mail was sent :D

regards

David Kan

Helo,

I have news for you, we just publish a plugin to add Product Delivery date for Virtuemart 2

http://www.cmsmart.net/virtuemart-extensions/product-delivery-date-for-virtuemart

For any Virtuemart shop owners want to set up a delivery date (day/month/year) for your products ( food, flowers, bakery, gift...) then this plugin is for you.

This is a Joomla plugin, but work exclusively for Virtuemart. After install the plugin like normal Joomla extension, activate the plugin and now your shopper can chose a delivery date during the check out process.

How it works:

- Shopper select delivery date by a calendar window at check out page.

- Shoper does not have to log-in, still can chose the delivery date.

- Admin can see the Required Delivery date in the order.

- Delivery date can be displayed in the order confirmation email

- The plugin store delivery date time inside Virtuemart order database.

With this plugin, you do not have to change or edit Virtuemart code, you can update Virtuemart anytime you want.

This plugin is compatiple with Joomla 2.5.x and Virtuemart 2.x.x We also welcome to receive your request to develop more functions from this plugin or customization for your site, please send email to huy@netbase.vn

http://www.cmsmart.net/virtuemart-extensions/product-delivery-date-for-virtuemart

Demo:

Please visit our demo site at: http://www.joomlamodule.net and try to add any product, go to check out page and you will see the Delivery Date at the end.

Forum:

http://www.cmsmart.net/forum/virtuemart-plugin

Thank you

Huy Nguyen

PolishedGeek

@David - Congrats on releasing your Delivery date plugin. For those who don't need more advanced features but want just a simple, single date selection during checkout, it looks very easy to set up and use.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

David Kan

Thank you my friend!

Actually this plugin is developed based on a request from one of my company client. I noticed that you PolishedGeek has developed very advanced delivery plugin and I really admire your ability!

Cheer

Huy Nguyen