News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

2.0.8e User adress EDIT problem (registration works)

Started by baggeler, August 14, 2012, 14:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baggeler

While registering a new user everything works fine, it seems like the code for EDITING a user adress, in this case the InvoiceTo (is slightly different and does not load the country states list any more.

Site: www.orgonite-brasil.com

Steps to reproduce:
- Register any new user and complete his activation
- Login as new user and try to change anything

The form will not allow ANY change to be saved as the states box is empty (even the already saved state from registration is deleted).

What I've tested so far:
- Published back all countries (I did unpublish all but Brazil before)  SAME RESULT
- Registering any new user WORKS FINE, states are all correctly loaded

Any ideas on how to fix this?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Tech: Joomla 3.7.3,  Virtuemart 3.2

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

baggeler

Hmm, not sure what you want to say and if this is an indication you do not want it to have it in the current version - bugs section.
Maybe you are referring to test with beez template and yes, I DID test with Beez template with same result but as its a production site so i will not be able to leave the beez template on all the time. For further clarification let me add the following to be more clear:

Steps to reproduce:
Put ANY Product in the cart
Go to cart
Complete Registration as new user, adding your contact details and confirming registration
Go back to shopping cart or even better leave the page and repeat first steps until getting to shopping cart
Login as existing user
--> Go and EDIT your ADRESS DETAILS in order to change any part of your adress
--> Here is error: You will see the selection box will NOT LOAD the States of the selected country (as it correctly does when you create a NEW adress), in consequence, you will NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE the newly changed record

- Tested with Beez Template - SAME result
- Shop started without sample data, pure shop
- Of course on this site running several 3rd party components, but none I know which would be effecting VM Cart Adress Edit (editadresscartBT)in any way but of course I could be wrong.

System specifics:
- Countries restricted to Brazil, tried without this restriction SAME RESULT

I do not have any "completely clean" installation without any 3rd components so can anybody test if this is working on HIS version and confirm or deny this bug so we know if its Virtuemart 2.0.8e related (which I currently assume)?

Thanks in advance for ANY helping input or thoughts!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Tech: Joomla 3.7.3,  Virtuemart 3.2