Adding more than 1 child product in the cart issue

Started by atrus, August 14, 2012, 09:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atrus

Hi to all,

noted the following issue with Cart (2.0.8.e):

When adding more than 1 of the same child product in the cart (stockable variant) one by one, you get multiple instances of this child in the cart, i.e.:

If you add 3 "ProductA" one by one (i.e. click add to cart 3 times, every time adding 1 "ProductA") then you will see at the cart:

1 x "ProductA"
1 x "ProductA"
1 x "ProductA"

instead of 3 x "ProductA"

You can see it here:

http://test.ready4.me/index.php/en/powertools/indoortools/drill-detail

This is the bug. It is working ok with parent products and if you click 3 x "productA" at once.

Rgrds,
Chris

John2400

atrus,

mmm is this really a bug? who would order three items one at a time? or when they get to the cart not realise they have .

Remember the variant might change - three right and one left - or six of the same product with different variants or

Like if I have an order for a few friends - then the list like that might be handy as the cost for that one product will show eg

Jim needs 6 of them ( his part of the bill)  tommy needs 12 ( his party of the bill) - split the shipping. 

Just a thought.

atrus

hi John2400,

Noted your view, just remember also the implications on the invoice creation! VM will handle these as different items which is not optimal. For me it is an abnormal behaviour :)

Rgrds