News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to skip shipping methods and modify displayed text's?

Started by Harm Millaard, August 11, 2012, 17:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harm Millaard

Hi,

An utter noob here, I just installed Virtuemart a couple of days ago and am faced with a couple of seemingly simple questions, but I'm unable to find the answer.

I have a simple site where I want of offer various subscriptions, see http://ppbm7.com

First of all, the order in which the subscriptions are displayed changes with each renewal of the page. I want to have them in fixed locations, just like the Olympics, so Silver, Gold, Bronze from left to right.

Second, I want to change the text from 'Featured Products' to 'Available Subscriptions'

Third, I don't want any shipping methods, since it is a kind of electronic delivery, nothing is physically shipped.

How can I do that?

sakena

I might be under better understand ..... wait for an answer from the master so I want to read too
BabY GeaR

srseale

Hi:

You can't do away with shipping methods but you can automate them.  Essentially, you create a Free Shipping Shipment Method that applies to everyone and you click on Enable Automatic Selected Shipment? in Configuration/Configuration/Checkout.

Your Shipment Method should look something like:

Shipment Name:  Pre-Paid
Published:   Yes
Description:
Shipment Method:   VM - Shipment, by weight, ZIP and countries
Shopper Group:   Select Some Options
List Order:   0

Your Shipment method Configuration should look something like:

Logo:   Select Some Options
Countries:   Select Some Options
ZIP range start:
ZIP range end:
Lowest Weight:
Highest Weight:    
Weight Unit:   Kilogramme
Minimum number of products:
Maximum number of products:    
Minimum order amount:    
Maximum order amount:    
Shipment Cost:    
Package Fee:    
Tax:   Apply no rule
Minimum Amount for Free Shipment:   0.00

That should fix that issue for you.

You can override any of the text constants in VM now.  Search the Forum for Language Overrides but, essentially, go to Language manager (under Extensions menu) and choose Overrides.  Search for the exact text you want to change and create an override rule for it.  Word of caution, there may be more than one instance of the text you want to change.  Make sure you're overriding the correct one.

I'm not sure I can help you with your first issue.

Hope this helps...