News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Reorder arrows don't work in shopper field list

Started by bigmike0601, August 07, 2012, 12:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmike0601

I can't re-order anything in the list.  The arrows don't work.  I'm using latest versions of both Virtuemart and Joomla.  How can I re-order the list?

bytelord

Hello,

Please first click the Reorder link on Reorder column, make your changes and then on the same column click on save icon.
if the arrows in not working try to to change the order numbers and click on save.

Hope helps you out.
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

bigmike0601

I did as you said and clicked the reorder link, but still does not move anything.  I've tried using the arrows and by giving new numbers.  Nothing moves.  I'm very confused, what is wrong...

bytelord

Hello,

i remember i have similar issues in a previous version. Because this is done one time (ordering user fields) ... i do it by editing the mysql database, table virtuemart_userfields and i changed from there ordering (column ordering), so you can do this for now

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

bigmike0601

Too many issues already...i'm moving to Magento for all ecommerce sites now.

efocus

Using VM 2.0.10:

I think the reason that the arrows don't work is the same reason that the Save Order icon doesn't work. Using the Save Order icon generates this error: You cannot change the order of items, as an item in the list is `Checked Out`

Name, Username, Password, Password2, eMail and Agreed all have lock icons next to them. This was not from me, VirtueMart came to me this way. Joomla's Global Checkin does not unlock them.

I am reordering via phpMyAdmin as well but it's not my favorite method!

efocus

Workaround that Works!
I am still unable to use the up/down arrows to reorder. However, I found a way to make this work with the order numbers in the Reorder column.

IMPORTANT: For this to work, you must manipulate the number of displayed fields per page so that you don't have any locked fields in view. Using 10 displayed fields per page, Page 2 shows me all the address info I wanted to reorder. Depending on which fields you want to reorder, you may have to choose a different number per page.

1. Click 'Reorder' in the Reorder column header.
2. Manipulate the Display # of pages per page in the dropdown at the bottom of the table until there are no fields with lock icons on the page you need to reorder.
3. Change the order numbers in the Reorder column of the fields you want to reorder.
4. Click the 'Save Order' floppy disk icon at the top of the Reorder column.

I think this works because you are not reordering any of the locked fields since none are displayed on the page you're working on. I still consider this a bug or at least unexpected behavior. But this is easier for most people to do than going into phpMyAdmin.

brilliantimpact

TheWebSet

Yes, that worked for me as well, albeit, I would agree it is undesirable behavior.
Thanks.

erichhaubrich

I am really really sick of all of the incredibly convoluted ways you have to do things in VM2 - I regret selecting it, but the old version was good so I thought this one would also work well. NOPE!

marcosbh35

Very strange this sort does not work in the latest versions of the VM. From what I have read in the previous version worked.
It is strange and terrible having to enter the PHP Admin to be able to do this sort, a time that this problem has been reported to time.
As previously posted here, on the page that shows the fields have a field with the lock that is required ordering is not done, if the page has no field oobrigatório sorting is done.
Why not arrange this?

Flasher

Quote from: efocus on September 16, 2012, 23:24:37 PM
Workaround that Works!
I am still unable to use the up/down arrows to reorder. However, I found a way to make this work with the order numbers in the Reorder column.

IMPORTANT: For this to work, you must manipulate the number of displayed fields per page so that you don't have any locked fields in view. Using 10 displayed fields per page, Page 2 shows me all the address info I wanted to reorder. Depending on which fields you want to reorder, you may have to choose a different number per page.

1. Click 'Reorder' in the Reorder column header.
2. Manipulate the Display # of pages per page in the dropdown at the bottom of the table until there are no fields with lock icons on the page you need to reorder.
3. Change the order numbers in the Reorder column of the fields you want to reorder.
4. Click the 'Save Order' floppy disk icon at the top of the Reorder column.

I think this works because you are not reordering any of the locked fields since none are displayed on the page you're working on. I still consider this a bug or at least unexpected behavior. But this is easier for most people to do than going into phpMyAdmin.

Tyvm much for the help it worked like a charm.

There is a lots of minimum problems around viertuemart but is a good open source platform. The best is the big community of ursers that we help each other.

Thanks a again a lot to those who take the time to help.