News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Price error - if child, everything okey, this is just a dev note

Started by derek webster, August 31, 2012, 12:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek webster

Hi There - ! wonder if someone can help here...
In the product editing form when I try to add a price I'm getting an error "cost Price empty, if child, everything okey, this is just a dev note"

Then the update fails and the price is left empty.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

derek

derek webster

Just to update  - I think this is a bug. If the product is saved without a price being entered the problem occurs - I checked the DB and the price field is NULL. THen when I change the price field to 0.0000 the backend product editor works again. Entering a price and autocalc cost price now works fine. If I change the price back to NULL in the DB the problem recurs

derek webster

Just to update again, I think I might have solved it. I've simply changed the default value in the database

table virtuemart_product_prices ..... product_price  I change the default value from NULL to 0.0000

and that seems to have solved the problem.

I'm a designer tho and not a developer - I hope there's no further implications of me doing this.

Thanks

Derek

Milbo

The price of the parent may not inherit correctly. What I do not understand is that you call it an error. It should only be visible as vmdebug message. And does the message only appear if it is a child?

and yes a parent product should always have a price. You could use 0.001 if you dont want that your pattern/parent product has no price
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

derek webster

Yes it's just a dev note in the backend but it prevents me from entering any price at all. And no it's not a child product. It's just a regular product.

I have the latest build. When I enter a completely new product but leave he price empty. Then save. The product price is now Tottaly locked and I can't edit price. The only way I can then edit price is to get the field in the database to anything other than null.
Can you replicate?