News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Complicated Question

Started by vdevik, August 04, 2012, 02:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdevik

What I'm after seems so simple to me yet all the membership programs on the JED seem to not be able to accomplish this which has lead me here. I'm trying to create a membership (using OSE Membership) to add clients to monthly paid plans.

It's for an IT firm. The client is wanting a main service then two devices and how many of those devices will be looked after.

Here's an example. Managed Security is the main item. Servers and Desktops are the items on which the sum amount will be calculated. ie 1 server cost $40 a month to monitor and 1 desktop cost $25 a month. Next to the Server and Desktop there needs to be some sort of drop down or radio buttons for the client to choose the number for each one. After the client is done, there needs to be an automated sum for the amount of computers and servers that'll need to be monitored so that the client can easily checkout without having an employee need to send them an invoice. Just like going on Amazon and buying 5 Just Bieber Size Small Mens underwear and 7 Lady Gaga dartboard posters. The only difference is the two items need to be side by side and end up as a single unholy item.

I have a talent of confusing people so I apologize, however in all seriousness I've spent nearly 2 days getting nowhere with this and spending money on OSE Membership which frankly lacks a lot of what it should have built in.

John2400

Monthly payments on membership for anything can be done through paypal

Item one Like a server : eg $40 .00

Item two a plan : eg $60 .00 per month

The problem here is that the client will have to purchase two separate plans if they wish later to opt out of one.

I think it is best to combine a rate into one or have the client purchase twice- because paypal will split the rate two payments or one bill -  I don't think you can go back into to paypal and change the monthly payment rate - you will have to chech on their end.

the other option is that there is software that is like a wish list form computer components
http://breakdesigns.net/extensions/vm-product-builder

maybe just some ideas to consider