News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Serious bug in cart

Started by johnpetrucci, August 01, 2012, 21:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpetrucci

Hi, i have a serious problemi with the cart.
If I add in the cart 14 products, everything is ok, but if I add another products, the cart is cleared.
When i have 15 products in cart, this is cleared and i see the message "There are no products in your cart".
How can I resolve?
Thanks

Milbo

Without the correct virtuemart version, we have no clue.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

easy

I confirm, have same problem never noticed it before - I just didn't put 15 items into cart.
14 items in cart are shown perfect
When I add one more the I have 1 last product in cart only.

I am using J2.5.6 and VM2.0.8e

johnpetrucci

Scuse me Milbo, I'm using virtuemart 2.0.8c
This is a serious bug, because is impossible to use virtuemart  :(

johnpetrucci

In this discussion there is this problem... http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99768.15
But when I change the session_handler to None, i can't log in administrator panel. I had to change the value of $handler_session manually from configuration.php.
However it's true, when i changed the value of $handler_session to None, the cart worked correctly. But how is the solution?

$handler_session = 'None' --> No log in administrator panel
$handler_sessione = 'Database' --> Cart crash

:'(

david.kwock

After you change the session handler to 'none', you should clear your browser cookie to log-in to the back-end of your website.

I was kicked out from the admin panel after the change, but I was able to login back to the admin panel as soon as I cleared the cookie from my web browser.

Hope this helps you.

David

easy

I do not think it should be sorted this way.
Yes, I agree, it's OK for temporary and testing sites only and not live shops.
Did you report a bug already?

Milbo

We increase the database session table,

But joomlas repair tools will set it back and the size is much too small, that is all.

So use text for the joomla session table or use session handling without database. Using the tools "update tables if necessary" will do the trick for you
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

johnpetrucci

If I want change the value of joomla session table, how raw i must change? Because the data raw is Text alredy...
Where I can take  the tools "update tables if necessary"?
Thanks

PRO

This happened to me a couple weeks ago.

I went to "extensions manager"
"Database"

Then there was an error in the session table,
I "fixed it", and it went away

darien81

I am having a similar problem: When I add more than 5 custom fields and hit "save" I am kicked out of the product, and my additions are not saved.

I am using Joomla 2.5.6 and VM 2.0.8e

I have tried all of the above remedies, and nothing fixes the issue.

I have set the session handler to "none". I have hit the "Install tables or if necessary rebuild them".

When I go into PHP MyAdmin, I am unable to change the field type from VARCHAR to MEDIUMTEXT in jos_session. I get the following error:
#1170 - BLOB/TEXT column 'session_id' used in key specification without a key length

When I turn on Joomla Maximum Error Checking, I do get a warning in the products panel:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/sitename/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php on line 684

Anyhow, I have hundreds of SKUs and thousands of custom fields to enter. Can anyone shed some light on this? It did not happen in VM 2.0.8c (I have a dev site running "c" and there is no problem).

Thanks

easy

Did you try to fix mediumtext in jom_session at your joomla admin end?
Login to administartor/ Extensions/Extensions Manager/Database(tab) and look if there is any database (jos_session) not up to date and if so please click FIX then, that's all

darien81

Yes Easy. That was another suggestion I found in the forums, but it did not make any difference. At this point, I can add one custom field, but if I try to add any more than that at one time, I get kicked back to the VM dashboard. This is completely frustrating.

Milbo

Quote from: darien81 on August 09, 2012, 23:43:21 PM

When I go into PHP MyAdmin, I am unable to change the field type from VARCHAR to MEDIUMTEXT in jos_session. I get the following error:
#1170 - BLOB/TEXT column 'session_id' used in key specification without a key length
It does not harm to empty the table completly and to change then the size.