News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Paypal API - how to get it to work?

Started by robin.duckett, August 01, 2012, 16:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robin.duckett

Hello, I've read the posts - I simply can't get it to work - It does not forward to Paypal site even though I've copied the codes in, and comes up with an error to do with Credit Cards. Who out there knows how to configure this system? I don't mind paying a reasonable support fee.
We are successfully using another system at the moment  (Cardsave) which works fine but we are considering switching it off if we can get paypal working.
Thanks, Robin
www.sightlines-initiative.com

AH

Robin

I should be able to help, which version of the paypal VM are you using?
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

fatcreat

I am also having problems getting PayPal to work. I paid a freelancer to integrate PayPal Advanced with the current site (uses VM 1.1.9) and he disappeared. It's producing an error message Error: Credit Card Type not found. This is before even entering a credit card. Is there some issue with integrating PayPal Advanced with VM 1.1.9? We're on Joomla 1.5. Not sure if its related to older versions or the freelancer just made a mistake somewhere. I've double and triple checked the API username, password, etc and they are correct.

AH

fatcreat

If you are signed up to PayPal standard, I would recommedn using the Paypal Legacy plugin for VM

If you are signed up to PayPal Pro, still use the legacy and integrate with the PayPal hosted option for pro users.  That way I never take payment details onto my site and do not have to be concerned with site issues realting to PCI compliance.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

fatcreat

Thanks for the reply. 

We are not using PayPal standard or Pro. We are using their newer option PayPal Advanced. It's only $5 per month and still allows customers to stay on your site instead of going to PayPal's site.

AH

Unfortunately I only have a solution for paypal pro's hosted mode and paypal standard
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

fatcreat

No worries. Thanks for your time. I found a business that had experience with this and they were able to fix it reasonable and quickly.

https://www.hardcomet.com/blog/41-hardcomet/79-paypal-advanced-integration in case anyone else needs help.