News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problem showing navigation & number of products in main page (shop index)

Started by simplyClear, July 31, 2012, 17:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyClear

Hi,

I need some help with 2 issues in my website.
Joomla 2.5.6
VM 2.0.8e

This is my website:
http://www.euskadiexperiencebox.com

I override the files needed to show in main page (shop index) to display only the "latest products" (no shop description, no topten products, no featured products).

I can not find the way to display more than 5 products in my main page (index), and do not see the navigation links when more products are set through my backend.
I have set my default number of products (in the configuration of the virtuemart component) with amounts of 2, 4, 8, 20, but my main page remains the same: 5 products, no matter what i do.
In the category configuration i left "0" to control the configuration from the configuration of the virtuemart component.

There is any hack to solve this?
Or do i have to configure the category products options and the configuration products option otherwise?

I  will upload three images to illustrate it.

Thanks in advance.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

Hello,

To change the default number of products in vm home page there is a way to make small changes to the file components\com_virtuemart\views\virtuemart\view.html.php in lines 71 for featured, 76 for latest,  81 for top and change from 5 to the number you want to display (just change the number 5).

This is not template override but changes to core view.html.php of vm.

Hope it helps you out.

Regards.
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

simplyClear

Hello bytelord,

Thanks a lot, valuable info.
That solve one of my problems. I do not understand why this is not configurable from the backend...¿?
And i think i have to change this anytime i update virtuemart, no?

Ok, but still have the other issue, why the configuration from the backend does not control the product amount display in frontend?, and
I can not see the navigation links...¿?

Thanks in advance...

simplyClear

Ahother question:

Can I configure it to display not a number of products but "all of my products" some way?

bytelord

Hello,

Yes every time you update VM you have to change that on your source code. I hope to get fixed on the next release so to be able to change the amount of products displayed on the front page from the BE.

What do you mean by does not control the product amount displayed in the front-end? Was there some issues with the pagination but get fixed on 2.0.8e! The navigation links may be is a template issue if you use a custom template and there are some changes in VM 2.0.8 version.

Last i am suggesting you not to print out all of your products in the front-end because if you have hundreds of products and place them in FP without pagination your site will take a long time to display and may luck in mem.

Hope it helps.

bytelord