News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

User cannot complete order

Started by vis18neu, July 31, 2012, 16:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vis18neu

We're using Joomla 2.5.6 and VM 2.0.8e. When user is logged in and orders items and wants to check out, he's sent to the cart page where VM is asking him whether he's registered although the user is already logged in (login form or registration is offered at the top of cart page, as if VM does not recognize that user is already logged in). In addition, if user has shopped before , his address is shown but is he tries to edit it, the following error appears on otherwise blank page:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for ShopFunctions::generateStAddressList(), called in /home2/myweb/public_html/components/com_virtuemart/views/user/view.html.php on line 182 and defined in /home2/akrilneb/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/shopfunctions.php on line 598

Fatal error: Call to a member function getUserAddressList() on a non-object in /home2/myweb/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/shopfunctions.php on line 601

That same error appears if user doesn't want to change address but wants to select payment method. Basically - user cannot complete his order.

What is causing this problem?

vis18neu

Does anyone know why I'm getting the error message described above? VM checkout is not working, there must be something that has to be done to correct the problem I'm having.

jbodeen

Ran into the same issue. Fixed it by replacing the following files with a fresh copy. No idea why but it worked.

replace the shopfunctions.php file in the
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/

and then replace the view.html.php in the
components/com-virtuemart/views/user/

I just unzipped the com_virtuemart.2.0.8e files and replaced the files and Presto! It worked. I must have inadvertantly screwed something, probably in the view.html.php file. Hope it works for you too.

vis18neu

I reinstalled the whole VM few days ago and that resolved the issue, but thanks for your advice (it seems that commercial template we're using messed up many files in VM).