News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Extremely difficult to understand the price setup

Started by accessvirus, July 29, 2012, 13:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accessvirus

I have a customer which has a list with all of her priced inculding VAT. She wants to be able to fill in all the products WITH VAT. She also wants to be able to add all product shopping cart items to be including VAT. As I said, she only has all prices including vat and is frustrated to recalculate everything back.

so generally.

- All shoppingcart items need to be including VAT.
- I only want to see the including VAT price (it needs to calculate the VAT on the background. and show the total amount of VAT at the end of the invoice. BUT NOT ADDED extra to the basic price. Thats my problem now.
Jack of all trades with a specialization in Branding, Graphic- & sound design

blackrat999

Its not simple to setup at all is it !
Did you figure out what to tick and what not to tick ?
::)

accessvirus

I used the shoppingcart variant and told the customer he can't use discount :S Since that whould have influence. I stopped working with VM also. To big mess.

blackrat999

I know what you mean but i have figured it out so that if discounts are applied they show up, could send you a screenshot of my pricing table if it would help ?

accessvirus

no need bro, I'm busy working with another program atm.

PolishedGeek

It might be nice to post it here though for other people who are struggling to understand the pricing structure.  :)
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

blackrat999

yep well here is what works for me, i appreciate it wont for all but as long as you arent logged in as Admin the displayed prices show up right. If you need to set a discount then on the individual product just change the "Override" box to the price you want to charge and then a "Price" is shown with a "Discount £xx" below it.
The English isnt great on it which i think makes it more complicated than it needs to be.
Hope it helps someone out.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jason45

Customers do not have the option of using the shop cart variant, which is why I stopped using VM, obviously creating a lot of confusion