News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Calculate Cost Price not working well 2.0.8 C

Started by lipes, July 07, 2012, 18:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipes

with 2.0.8 C

If we've inserted a product with no price .... for example with CSVi or with a manual insertion mode...
then (in one future action when you got that product price) we need to insert that product 'Final Price' on that product..
We click on product to edit... and we can see all input box empty's (Cost, Base, Final, ...) and we inser the final price with the value 30 (for example)...
then we check the 'Calculate the costprice' box ...
we also apply the Tax (23% in my zone) ...
then the last step we hit Save...

then we got a problem!
Because the VM give us this kind of result:
Cost Price: 4.30131
Base Price: 4.30131
Final Price: 5.290611

WTF is happening here?!  :-\
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

lipes

I've edited until now +/- 14 products that are without price... (from a total of 8500 with price +/-)

I've done the same process that i've described before (last post) but by clicking in "Save & Close"..... and adding the product 'Final Price' with hit 'Calculate the costprice'... that it's not working well.

Now i dont remember the SKu's that i've edited the price...
But i am pretty now sure that they dont got the correct price like i need.. so it's really a s*** for me lost the edit tracking.. :| argh  :'(

Milbo

Your administrator is not in some discount group or so?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lipes

nope..
i dont (and i'll not) use disconts, overrides or discount groups ...

It's a small commerce shop and we dont have time to do that kind of things.. we only need to work with the product final price.. but that it's not working 100% fine :-/

did you tested that?!

rnoppert

I have the same issue with cost price calculation based on the final price, which I would like to see solved.

One remark; if I already have a cost price and final price in these fields, I am able to use the calculate cost price checkbox. If I enter a new value for the final price (I change the value to something new) and check the box calculate cost price, hit save, and it works!? VirtueMart does calculate the cost price based on the final price and tax selected. I do not use discounts (yet).

Regards,

Richard.

Milbo

rnoppert,

vm is always calculating the final price on the fly. What you did is the method to calculate the costprice for a given finalprice.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lipes

daddyke

Hi Milbo,

You wrote:

"rnoppert,

vm is always calculating the final price on the fly. What you did is the method to calculate the costprice for a given finalprice."

Knowing that, how would you explain to my customers how to fill correctly the prices?

I'm building a food-webshop. By us in Hungary there is two tax rates for foods. This means I have to define two (27% and 12.5%) tax rates. That's fine and already done. Besides my customer want to apply on some products some kind of discounts.
So I have three price modifyer: +27%, +12.5%, -10% (discount). Thats all fine, and done.

But because my customer want to fill the product datas, I have to show the correct way to enter the price.

My very basic and important question is, can I set by default at the price overrides the two kind of modifyers to EMPTY instead of the default set values? Shown on the attached image.
I'm also looking for a description for a while about the prices, wich defines the lot of price types.

The two taxes should be "tax per product" I guess, and the discount(s) shuld be "Price modifyer after tax" (on the attached image this one is "tax per product" this way: - 10%)

Are the following things correct in this order?

1. at the product details page clear the price modifyers and set to Tax one of the taxes AND to Discount type if needed
2. check the "Calculate the costprice" checkbox and enter the final price

After that I get wrong prices:

Let's see an example:

I want for Final price 1000.
If I enter 1000 as I wrote above the following happens:
Cost price: 699.91251
Base price: 699.91251
Final price: 976.377952 instead of 1000
Override: 0.0000

Tax: Apply default rules, and Tax Affecting: 27% tax
Discount: Apply no rule.

Is it clear what I'm asking?

Thanks all your work.

Daddy

[attachment cleanup by admin]

zactan

This is not working in 2.0.8 E revision as well..

zactan

Quote from: zactan on August 03, 2012, 09:43:30 AM
This is not working in 2.0.8 E revision as well..

Well, i just did a installation with joomla 2.5.6 + VM 2.0.8E, everything works properly.
Tested with cart variant and works fine too..

What i did initially was to upgrade from my current site and things went haywire. It seems that upgrading it's not so straightforward and it will result in conflicts with existing code...

And still, not a problem solve yet from my upgrading.
Previous version, joomla 2.5.4 + 2.0.2. -> 2.5.6 + 2.0.8E = no prices found in the cart pricelist.

Milbo

Quote from: daddyke on July 26, 2012, 12:26:23 PM

I dont know your version. I cant recognise it, maybe some beta subversion. You should update to 2.0.9 https://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

The 2.0.9 should be stable as the 2.0.8. We just wanna test it some days in the forum, before we release it as stable.