News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Max products per view in frontend

Started by Sophia23, July 26, 2012, 12:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophia23

I have set Max products per view in frontend to 24 but only 9 products are showing per page (although 24 are showing in the frontend's drop down menu as default value).
This used to work just fine for me till version 2.06 I belive.
Changing Default Number of Products per Row (from 0 to any other value) in the Product Category Form completely messes up the layout.

How can I fix this?

VM 2.08e
joomla 2.5.6
PHP 5.3.5-1

Thanks.

holypoly

I have the same problem... I have been taking a look some of the actions in the code and the template in the component and it gets 9 items sent from the view.... and that is something I seams to be reciving some value that tells it to limit the number og items from a config that is not displayed in the admin panel.

... I am going to take a look at this and see if i can spot it...

WillP

Hi, I'm having the same problem now where total products display per page is not following the setting "Max products per view in frontend" i set.

My case is:
4 items per row(working)
20 for Max products per view in frontend (not working, show only 8 items with pagination)

Do you find any solution?

Thanks!

holypoly

I did make some hard-fix on this issue but John2400 has another solution that I am going to try also. See here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103473.0;topicseen

John2400

willp,

make sure your SEO in joomla and VM are set the same.

then for you try the solution below

WillP

Hi John,

Sorry for late reply. Do you mean enable SEO in both joomla global configuration and Virtuemart? If yes, I did turn them on and still not able to make it works.

Joomla:
Search Engine Friendly URLs : YES

Virtuemart:
SEO Disabled [Unchecked]

Joomla 2.5 + Virtuemart 2.0.10

Would like to hear from you if you have any suggestion. Thanks!

WillP

Hi all,

I would like to share the solution for max products per view if you not yet get the answer.

Problems: Products per page is not changed although configuration in virtuemart for Max products per view in frontend
Solutions: You need also change the value for Category Form Initial Display Records in your product category (Products > Products Categories).

Thanks!